1. MikeAlexander98

MikeAlexander98 New Member

Personal Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MikeAlexander98, Jun 17, 2017.

Hey all! My name is Mike, and I just joined the forum yesterday. Glad to be a new member of the forum, and I'd like to take a minute to just share a little about myself.

Primarily, my reason for joining the forum is my current project, an alternate-history comic book I'm developing on my own. I constantly plague my friends with character notes, plot points, and everything else, so I thought I might be wise to share them here, instead. I'm happy to discuss the comic with anyone who has any interest, and i'm always happy to collaborate, but I won't go too much more into it in this post.

Writing has been an interest of mine for as long as I can remember, and it's always been something I've been good at, but over the last few years I've found myself increasingly critical of my own work, and often too anxious to even put pen to paper. So I hope that through this forum, I can work on that, and become more confident in my writing.

Some of my favorite stories include Back in the USSA, by Eugene Byrne and Kim Newman, Lion's Blood and Zulu Heart by Steven Barnes, and I enjoy DC comics like Batman, Green Lantern, and Nightwing. I do a lot of non-fiction reading as well, and am currently reading The Audacity of Hope by President Barack Obama, and White Rage by Dr. Carol Anderson.

Without much further ado, I just wanted to say I hope to get to know many of you, and maybe get to work with a few people from the forum!

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Welcome, greetings, and salutations to the forum, sir. :superhello:

I am working on a Grim Sci-Fi War novel sequel, that kinda
    mentions things from the real past/history. Pretty crazy what
    kind of info they have floating around in the 28th century. :p
    (Though there was much more mention of it in the first book.)

Good luck with your comics, and I will C-ya around. :supersmile:
    bang-head-on-keyboard.gif~c200.gif

3. Sigma Zed

Sigma Zed Active Member

Welcome to the forum!

4. Arktaurous34

Arktaurous34 Active Member

Hi ya @MikeAlexander98. Welcome to the forum :superhello:

5. ChristopherBreen

ChristopherBreen New Member

@MikeAlexander98 - welcome to the forum! Would love to take a look at your comic sometime.