1. Where I Hide (Ember)

Where I Hide (Ember) New Member

Hi hello Its a Me,

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Where I Hide (Ember), Oct 3, 2017.

Not Mario, that's for sure,

Hi hello my name is Ember, and I have no idea what Im doing, a friend suggested me here and all I want to do is get my love for writing back. I am 20 years old, I have a dog, and I've been writing since I really could. I've been really down and out about my work lately. It's hard to focus. I normally do young adult fantasy stories, or clips and pieces. I do have original characters and a few original universes, and one novel in the works that i've been struggling with. I hope to find some other writers, friends, and helpful tips to love what I do again.

Fernando.C likes this.
  2. Brandon Cipriano

Brandon Cipriano New Member

The best thing I could suggest as a writer my self is that picturing it is the best thing you can do. If you can imagine your character actually talking in your head the dialogue will come much easier. Same thing with descriptions of situations. It's all about a mental image, that's the key. Another key is inspiration, take an idea from your favorite book or screenplay and make it your own without ripping it totally. These tips will make your writing come more naturally.

P.S I appreciate the Mario reference. Ya-hoo!

3. Fernando.C

Fernando.C Contributor Contributor

Hi there Ember :D Welcome to the forum. I can totally sympathies with what you're going through. I have a really hard time focusing on my writing as well and as a result my novel is going ridiculously slowly. I mean I know what I want to do with my novel bu the issue is actually sitting out, shut the rest of the world out and actually pu coherent words and sentences on the paper (or in my case the word processing software(s) that I use for writing :p). We have a great, supportive and super friendly community here which I hope you'll find helpful.

Once again welcome and glad to have you here!

4. Where I Hide (Ember)

Awe thank you!! I really appreciate the suggestion, you're absolutely right!!!!!

5. Where I Hide (Ember)

Yes!!!! Thank you!!! It is sooooooo hard to actually sit down and do anything D: but we can do it, woo!!!!!!!!

Fernando.C likes this.
  6. pyroglyphian

pyroglyphian Word Painter

Hi Ember, nice name. You've come to the right place. Enjoy. :superhello: