1. Lynell

Lynell New Member

The internet is a wonderful thing

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lynell, Jul 21, 2015.

The truth of the matter is that I'm not sure about a forum; I've been in a few in the past and still visit on occasion but have never had the motivation to be as active as other members. Therefore, I fell well behind the politics of the site as well as the relationships and such that other members made.

Ah well.

I go by Lynell for purposes here. I'm a 26 year old happily suffering from nicotine addiction and also a "quarter-life crisis." (It's a real thing, unfortunately.) I've always aspired to be a writer (except for that brief time I aspired to be a lawyer - I don't want to talk about it) and I think now, by joining this forum and doing the research/reading needed in others' works and books on novel or novella writing, I'll have the tools needed to start on my journey.

I don't really like... people. I mean, I do... but I don't. I love conversing with individuals but there's something about society as a whole that I can't stand. So one-on-one dialects and conversations are what I prefer above all else.

Shoot me a message to say hi. (Also, isn't a fruit or muffin basket considered polite in these situations...? I'm kidding.)

I'll be lurking around for a bit trying to get a feel for this new forum and also introducing myself to some other "newbies" so that maybe we can help each other out as we feel out this place and see all that it can do for us and what we can do for it.

xo,
    Lynell

2. Song

Song Active Member

I totally understand you, I much prefer a one on one chat to a big group. Also society can be hard to like when it's full of people that want to hurt or undermine each other.
    The quarter life crisis is totally a real thing these days, I had it when I was 27 and it's how I ended up learning the guitar and writing songs. So I feel your blues, especially as someone hitting 40 this year haha.
    Don't worry about falling behind, anyone that doesn't want to welcome you into a conversation is probably not worth your time. Plus in my mind you get out what you put in, if you don't like what is happening, do what you can to change it!.

Welcome and have this plate of chocolate muffins I typed out. I'll need the plate back when you're finished though as it has sentimental value.

3. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. I'm the most polite member here and I like to follow all the rules.

Ben414 and KaTrian like this.
  4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Lynell,
    Welcome to the forum. :) Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Have fun lurking... and even more fun participating--I hope. :D

-Kat

5. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Welcome! I used to live in PA for a while. Then I left. Now I'm finally happy again. :D