1. Lady Marmalade

Lady Marmalade Member

Watch out! new meat coming through!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lady Marmalade, Sep 14, 2015.

Mean Girls is like 10 years old now... where did time go?

Huh? Oh right, Introduction! *ahem*

Hello! My name is Lady Marmalade, yes like the song because it was in my head and it's a pretty cool name. Anyway you can just call me Lady M or Mar for short. I can't say I'm "new" here as I've been on the site for a few months I just never made an account until now.

I hope to learn a few things about writing and maybe post my amateur scribblings for your professional perusal. I know I have to prove my loyalty and worth before I do that though, I actually read the rules before leaping into the abyss for once.

Speaking of the abyss I'm interested in fantasy writing and I've planned a novel to be written by moi with monsters, magic, and of course talking swords. That's all I'm going to say for now but yeah I'm hyped for it because I've never written a novel before. Any advice on fantasy or novel writing would be much appreciated, I'm very grateful for any mystical wisdom that you guys can bestow upon me.

Anyway, that's all folks! You will be seeing more of me in the future, and I wish you all the best in your writerly endeavours!

2. GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn Contributor Contributor

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay!

There is a song called lady marmalade?

Because my first thought was that you liked Marmalade Boy which is a pretty nice story. Lol.

3. Sifunkle

Sifunkle Dis Member

Voulez-vous ecrivez avec moi ce soir?

Speaking of new meat, sorry if I just butchered both an awesome song and the French language, but welcome aboard :D and good on you for being all over the rules like marmalade on toast! On that note, I feel your avatar matches your username nicely (particularly her hair colour!).

I believe there are a few professionals floating about, but for the most part we're all learning. Even though everyone's at different stages, if you have the right mindset there's always something you can learn from anyone.

Fantasy novels are perennially popular, so I don't doubt that you'll find plenty of opinions and advice to help with your journey. Good luck!

4. Lady Marmalade

Lady Marmalade Member

Oh yeah, there's a song, the version I listen to is a collaboration with Mya, Lil' Kim, P!nk, and Christina Aguileria. It's really catchy and fun to dance to, plus they have a really cool tie in with Moulin Rouge which gives the music video a slick old school feel to it. There's even people who dress up as the singers because the wardrobe design was just that good. :cool:

I looked up Marmalade Boy and now I'm probably going to watch it because I'm curious if it's any good or not, I keep seeing mixed reviews for it so I'm going to judge it for myself because the concept sounds pretty interesting to me.

Thanks for stopping by, I now have a new anime to revel in! Awesome :-D

GuardianWynn likes this.
  5. GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn Contributor Contributor

I see. I am pretty bad at music so I have no clue who any of the people you just listed off are. Lol.

The anime is decent. Pretty faithfully too. Well til the end. I saw both. If I recall correctly they are about the same for the first 50 ish episodes or 6 comics(of eight) then the anime has a bunch of random fluff plots. Which I bet might have hurt the review. Though they weren't bad perse at least in my opinion.

I won't spoil it for you but I think it is good. Oh and the anime is faithful with the end. The only unfaithful parts were the random fkuff plots lol. I would buy it if I wasn't broke. :D. Trivia. They also had a live action show. Though I hadn't seen it.

I hope you enjoy. :D

6. Lady Marmalade

Lady Marmalade Member

Merci beaucoup! :bigtongue:

Yeah my avatar is actually Yang from RWBY, she's my favourite character from the series and she has shotgun gauntlets. Yup, she's a badass with excellent hair, so thank you!

As for the learning I have a lot to do, but I'm ready for the knowledge! Also I read somewhere that most writers starting out go to fantasy because it gives them a little more freedom with their creativity. I didn't know that until I was knee deep in planning, but that makes sense because I can get away with a lot in this genre. It's basically like a sandbox for us amateurs to muck about in, build a world, create characters, and make it our own.

Anyway thanks for stopping by, you're cool and good luck to you as well!