1. The Time Void

The Time Void New Member

Hi! I'm bad at coming up with interesting titles...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by The Time Void, Sep 26, 2016.

Hello!

I've been writing and coming up with stories basically my entire life, ever since I was little I always ended up writing mainly fantasy adventure type stories. Still do, with some horror, sci-fi, crime, and thriller either on the side or mixed in.
    I've never really been one for coming up with plots though, so I've never really gotten far with any stories I've tried to write. What I really love, and have been doing for the past few years, is creating an in depth fantasy world and characters, then coming up with little scenarios for them. Then sort of trying to piece them together to form something of a plot haha...
    I have two stories I'm working on slowly, one set in a dark fantasy world with horror and sci-fi themes, possibly some thriller and drama, I don't know, it'll probably end up as a bit of everything almost, I'm just doing in it what I find fun haha. The other is a modern drama/crime/thriller.

I usually end up as something of a lurker on most forums I end up on, but I hope to get at least somewhat involved in discussions here. I also enjoy role play, I've never done it on a forum though, but we'll see.

Some of my other interests include art, music, gaming, and binge watching tv shows. imahugenerd

cydney and Safety Turtle like this.
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi! Welcome to the forum. :) Sounds like you'll fit right in!

I'm a big fan of dark fantasy as well; probably my favorite genre. Good luck with your stories. :)
    Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. See you around!
    -Kat

cydney and The Time Void like this.
  3. Safety Turtle

Safety Turtle Senior Member

Welcome!

Always great to see other people who enjoy Dark Fantasy on the forum ^^

Hope you enjoy your stay!

The Time Void likes this.
  4. The Time Void

The Time Void New Member

Thank you both :)

Yeah dark fantasy would definitely be my favourite genre, always glad to find others who enjoy it!

5. Samra

Samra New Member

I think the title might present itself later. or keep it title-less.
    I used to call my cat: Cat. Quite unoriginal, but looking back, it totally fits.

Samra

6. Safety Turtle

Safety Turtle Senior Member

Well here's hoping you'll be posting some dark fantasy stuff in the future for us all to read ^^

7. TheWriteWitch

TheWriteWitch Active Member

Any good suggestions for dark fantasy binge watching? I just finished 'Penny Dreadful' and am in serious need of something new to watch when procrastinating. :D

8. IituRSI

IituRSI New Member

Welcome to the forum! My story has same kind of start. At first I had nothing but LOTS of characters and some places for them to live in, but now I'm starting to get some plot forming. The characters I have thrown away still exist in my notebooks, waiting for their own storys

The Time Void and cydney like this.
  9. The Time Void

The Time Void New Member

Yeah, that's usually what happens ^^'

Thank you!

I wish! I'm in need of some too...

Good to know! Glad you could figure it out eventually :)

10. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

I think it's great that you've developed a world of characters, even if you haven't put them in a completed story. Just make sure when you finally do, we get to know them as well as you do. I love character development, and sometimes it's really hard to make them jump off the page. I'm new here too, and I'm lovin' it so far. Excited to find fellow struggling writers!