1. DogLover1

DogLover1 New Member

Hi! I'm new...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DogLover1, Dec 10, 2020.

Hello! My name's DogLover1! I love dogs, cats, small animals and animals in general. I also love writing! Ever since I started school I quickly became the best "author" of the class. After that I thought, "Oh, how fun writing is!" and started practicing writing then. Now that I'm older, I occasionally find myself writing a little made-up story or two when I have free time. When I'm feeling down or feel a little bored, I'll grab a piece of paper and start writing. My main genre I like to write is a fiction story; I find those the easiest to write. I've never known that I really loved to write when I was younger, but now it's a hobby for me to write things.

Also, when I try creating a new story or blog, it takes me to an "error" page. What can I do to prevent that? Also can someone tell me where you write stories and stuff? Thanks!

Anyway, that's all from me! I hope to see you around~

~DogLover1

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    montecarlo likes this.
  2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
  3. whatnots2015

whatnots2015 Member

Hello!
    Thank you for the link to the quick start guide, there's so much more to this forum than I first thought!

4. somemorningrain

somemorningrain Member

Welcome from a fellow animal-lover. Are your stories every about animals?

I have also just joined. Thanks @Cave Troll for that link: https://www.writingforums.org/threads/new-member-quick-start-guide.132102/
    I can foresee it's going to take me a while to find my way around this forum.

Cave Troll likes this.
  5. somemorningrain

somemorningrain Member

Is there a facility for receiving email notifications that a message has been posted to a thread you've started or are interested in?
    I don't seem to be able to edit my posts; can anyone advise whether you need to attain a special status to edit one's posts?

6. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Hi @somemorningrain ,

Go to your profile page. Go to 'Edit my Alert Preferences', and select your preference of choice.

Everyone can edit their own posts - after they cross the bridge between New Member and Member, which is 14 days and 20 posts. Just wait it out and think before you write :)

Welcome!

somemorningrain likes this.