1. Waffles47

Waffles47 New Member

Hi, newbie here (surprise, right?)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Waffles47, Jan 3, 2018.

Hello, all!

So, I've finally done it; at long last, after jumping from one idea to the next the moment I find myself bored or having trouble patching up plotholes, I've decided to actually see one of my writing projects through, and possibly wind up with a novel at some point in the hopefully-not-too-far-off-future. And in the spirit of trying to commit to one idea, I figured it wouldn't hurt to find a place where I could get some advice on what I've got so far, as well as a few second opinions on the rest of my book-t0-be later on.

Thus, here I am.

Anyway, a little about me...

I'm a college student with a passion for both reading and writing, and have been telling stories for as long as I can remember. Since I started writing those stories down in my freshman year of high school, I've dabbled in everything from epic fantasy to gritty sci-fi to the occasional fanfic (okay, maybe more than just 'occasional'). As for now, I'm working on what's intended to be the first book of a series (I know, I know, attempting a series when I have yet to complete one novel so far is probably not the wisest of choices...) set in a post-apocalyptic world and spanning several years of time in-story. I don't have much yet, just an outline and parts of the first few chapters written, but it seems promising, so, hey, here's to hoping this one doesn't end up in my trash folder. :p

Well, anyway, glad to be here, excited to explore the forum, and looking forward to meeting you all. :)

- Waffles

crappycabbage likes this.
  2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    waffles.gif
    Welcome to the Forum, Sirette. :superhello:
    Good luck with your works and have fun. :supersmile:

DITF Ninja likes this.
  3. Waffles47

Waffles47 New Member

Thank you!

Cave Troll likes this.
  4. KH freak 813

KH freak 813 Member

It's nice to meet you too! :)

5. DITF Ninja

DITF Ninja Member

Hello Waffles and welcome! Best of luck to you in your writings and we are all here to help where we can.

6. Birch

Birch Member

Hi! Welcome. I'm new here too. Looking forward to reading your work

7. Kwills79

Kwills79 Member

Welcome! I'm a newbie too, but definitely love this site. Good luck with your writing and I hope you enjoy this community as much as I do. : )

8. Stevehwonder

Stevehwonder Member

Welcome! I know the pain of unfinished works started in high school all too well.

Best of luck to you with the series!

9. Seren

Seren Writeaholic

Welcome! Good luck with your work. I'm in the middle of a series, and I have to say it doesn't get any easier...but struggling to the end of a project is worth it, even on the days when you're despairing over every word you've ever written. :)