Tags:
  1. Coffee Vampire

Coffee Vampire New Member

Greetings from a nocturnal coffee vampire.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Coffee Vampire, Nov 8, 2017.

Hi everyone! ...I pretty much fail at any type of introduction, be it written or verbal. (Anyone else think this is the kind of stuff that schools should teach kids?) Soooo...Mostly I respond better to questions that talking off the cuff.

I'm glad I found this forum as I live in the middle of nowhere and have found the isolation totally crushing of late and figured connecting with other writers would be a good step forwards - turns out most of Wales really is 90% sheep and I draw the line at holding conversations with them.

I've been writing all my life and have two books self-published, one awaiting editing and another two that I'm currently writing for NaNoWriMo.
    I have also suffered ME/CFS for what feels like forever which makes writing so difficult, but hey, it's who I am so I'll never give up!

Hope everyone's having a nice day/night?

Sclavus and Shenanigator like this.
  2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Hey, welcome to WF. I can associate with living in the middle of nowhere (although i'm in Devon rather than Wales). My sister suffered from ME/CFS for years so I feel you on that too... Have you looked at the Dragon voice recognition programs.

Five books is good going - I'm about to self pub my first one, with a second about half written

3. Coffee Vampire

Hi big soft moose =^.^=
    I heard about Dragon recently and keep meaning to check it out... I guess a bit of me keeps battling on normally in defiance? I should probably be more practical instead though. I hope your sister is doing good now?

Good luck with the self-publishing!

4. Sclavus

Sclavus Active Member

Welcome to the forum. May I ask what ME/CFS is?

5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributor Contributor

Turns out that sheep can identify individual human faces...perhaps they'd be more responsive than you think?

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), also referred to as myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME), is a medical condition characterized by long-term fatigue and other symptoms that limit a person's ability to carry out ordinary daily activities.

6. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

My sister turned out to have been misdiagnosed - after twenty or so years of failed treatment on the NHS for ME she emigrated to Australia where she was swiftly diagnosed with EDS (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome - hypermobility type) which has similar chronic pain symptoms but a different cause https://www.ehlers-danlos.com/what-is-eds/

7. GB reader

GB reader Contributor Contributor

Welcome here.

Maybe you should try to find some sheep that asks you questions?

SethLoki likes this.
  8. Coffee Vampire

That looks just as bad, if not worse than ME/CFS. I do hope she is getting better care in Aus than UK offer.
    Also, sorry for dropping of the face of the world >.<

9. Coffee Vampire

Hi GB Reader =^.^=

Haven't figured out how to quote...
    I'm not sure how useful the sheep near me will be, they look devious and act un-sheeplike. I get the impression they'd try and prank me!
    Will try the flock near a friend, though only once the ram's gone again!

10. big soft moose

I live on a farm ... Sheep have one ambition in life, to die as stupidly and inconveniently as possible. If they look devious its because they are planning to get stuck behind a water trough,or in the middle of the biggest possible patch of brambles, just after dark, in the rain.