1. Blackwood

Blackwood New Member

Hi there, Filmmaker looking for books to ruin.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Blackwood, Oct 6, 2011.

Of course, the title is a joke...apart from me being an amateur filmmaker :p

Recently graduated from University and have now realised...life is hard. Still pursuing my interest by making short films in-between my full time job at a supermarket (yay...). Just joined this forum in the hopes of improving my technical abilities as writer (really wish I payed more attention at school) , and to enjoy reading other people's stories (and obviously hating myself when I realise people are so much better at it than me).

Anyone else on here focusing on writing for film, tv, or broadcast?

Peace.

2. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

I'm not focused on writing for film, tv, or broadcast, but I am very much into it. I've cowritten two short-films, directed by a friend, both of which I starred in. They were basically very strange sorts of things, though, and neither had much dialogue. They were both pretty terrible, but the acting and enthusiasm were both pretty awesome.

So yeah. Welcome. I'd personally love to be a novelist, but I'd be interested in writing a film script. Feel free to be my newest friend, if you care for it.

3. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

welcome to the site, bw!

i mentor/tutor aspiring screenwriters and playwrights, so if you need any help, just give me a shout...

love and hugs, maia

5. CULLEN DORN

CULLEN DORN New Member

Welcome Spielberg! :)

6. SeverinR

SeverinR New Member

Welcome,
    Always be thankful you have a job, but always strive to improve.
    Art, self, and occupation.

7. Croga

Croga New Member

Get a job as a Co-writer for a network, my uncle does it for the BBC in England.
    He gets paid decently from all the shows he works on even though he only writes a scene or two or the odd entire episode.
    If someone challenged me to write outside my comfort zone and draft up a script for screen or stage I'd jump at it.
    I want to primarily write a novel people love reading, but I'd happily co-write a video-game even.

8. PullMyPoppy

PullMyPoppy New Member

Hey!

I'm new here - just stumbled upon this website when I've been looking to promote two 2 min short movies I've made as part of Saga's Being50 competition.

But I am a Writing M.A. student at Liverpool John Moores University and this forum looks like a really cool place to workshop ideas!

Thanks!
    Until next time!

-Sarah.

9. Blackwood

Blackwood New Member

I realise my original post is a bit cocky, I don't mean to offend anyone here who is unemployed :( I am very thankful for my job! and I know how hard it is for anyone to get any kind of work these days. I will keep your advice in mind, especially when I have to clean out the bakery oven...seriously though, it's a gateway to hell.

I'm applying for every position in broadcasting/film production that I can, but to no avail so far. I wonder, would it be out of order to maybe post my CV somewhere on this forum (excluding any personal details of course)? It is just another genre of writing after all and I would greatly appreciate some feedback on it.

As if I'd want to be that clown:p I much rather be Darren Aronofsky! The only filmmaker who makes truly great depressing films.

Many thanks for all the warm welcomes.

Peace

10. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Oh good, i was about to say "WTH!" But then i read that you were joking and just laughed. Good one. Yes, i focus on writing Novels, film scripts and possibly TV too. But mostly Film and my Novel career. But im only 14, so i bet i wouldn't be so great compared to a more experienced script writer. If you ever want me to give it a go, i would be more then glad. But by all means, Welcome to the Site! :D

11. ScaryMonster

ScaryMonster Active Member

I was involved in a short film that won the Toronto film festival, that's writing wise.

12. bobnr32

bobnr32 New Member

Good luck.

13. Backbiter

Backbiter Member

Welcome to the forums!