1. Violet_Haze03

Violet_Haze03 New Member

Hi there - Hot mess seeking some advice!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Violet_Haze03, May 16, 2018.

Hi guys, i really want to get into writing and all of that, so i thought i'd check this place out. I'll be honest here: I'm kind of a disaster when it comes to this stuff. I have all the common problems: I've never actually posted any of my things because they are all trash when i actually look at them, i try to have a sense of humor in my writing but end up sounding like i personally hate all of humanity, and have no idea how to write about a lot of things because i just don't have the experience. Maybe i've got a few strikes against me: I'm still a kid, got some stuff going on with my brain (i ordered the awkward combo: learning disabilities coated in maturity gap with a side of anxiety, garnished with some ADHD), and can't write about things people actually want to know. Never actually written anything professional, and am now trying to pull a novel from the dark, cringey depths of my brain. My ideas look great in my head at 3 am...........yeah i don't need to finish that thought. Anyway, i just wanted to harness my energy into something that isn't a total edgefest, so i'm here. I look forward to meeting some people who have their crap together, and maybe some wise elders who know the secret of puns. I think that's about it, so yay!

Dreamer96, matwoolf and Lawless like this.
  2. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Howdy, welcome to the forum.

Something that used to help me out a lot when I was younger was simply reading. You learn the flow of your favorite author(s), then as you practice with that flow, you find your own.

SkinnyPuppy and SethLoki like this.
  3. SkinnyPuppy

SkinnyPuppy Contributor Contributor

Hot messes rule. Welcome. And what @Moon said.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Haze ! Join the fray!
    Lot's of stuff to do here. Check out Lounge. It gave me a quick perspective about how cool people are here. Look around at everything!
    Read Read Read ! ! !

A fellow ADHD survivor, hang in there.
    I'm Bipolar, ADHD, clinical depression etc, with all the bells and whistles. There are places here you can share a little, explore and see!

5. Thundair

Thundair Contributor Contributor

I've had ADHD before it was called that.. Keep your self overloaded with controlled chaos
    When I write I am also working on a short story but the novel is my main objective.
    By the way welcome to the forum......

6. Lawless

Lawless Active Member

I forgot to mention one thing. I recommend you don't let the diagnoses get into you.

Unfortunately, many mental health professionals see their job as identifying labels they can legitimately pin on people. Too lazy to make the effort to get to know a person the way she really is, they think in ones and zeros. Every person either "has ADHD" or "doesn't have ADHD" (or whichever other condition that has a name).

Just because someone who has a diploma in something has come up with a fancy word by which to describe your state of mind is not a reason for you to think of yourself as a "sick" person, as opposed to people around you who are "healthy".

The reality is: you have a number of personality traits, and some of these traits may be uncommon in the population, and they may cause you certain difficulties in life. You need good advice to overcome those difficulties. Don't think in terms of having to become normal. Think in terms of learning, growing, developing.

7. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

...expressing, sharing, writing!

If you have thoughts or concerns about the experience of being ADHD, I will listen (read?) without judgement.

ADHD is a physical process disorder in the brain, regardless of how it's triggered or onset, regardless of behavioral symptoms, and regardless of opinion of any kind.
    I hereby acknowledge and declare your concerns about ADHD to be valid. That does not mean you have ADHD.
    I assert that behavior may not necessarily be the indication of ADHD.
    ADHD is not a mysterious or phantom psychological football game. It is measurable and treatable, only testing can confirm it.
    If one believes they have ADHD, it's better to know, it's actually good to know, because it can be treated directly.
    I am living proof.
    Awareness of what's going on with yourself is power you can use. When I feel like I don't wanna do something or shouldn't have to do something, I remember that a physical process in my brain happened before I was told anything to do, and it's okay to do it. Your mind tricks you like an illusion. "The spoon didn't actually bend, there is no spoon."
    ADHD is about conflict, not attitude, not personality. I will be happy to talk more about that.
    Write what feelings are going on in you every time you notice them, you will eventually be able to see what is manifested, and what you own.
    It becomes clear when you can look at it... write what you feel.