1. SandCat

SandCat New Member

Hi there

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SandCat, Jan 25, 2017.

Hey!

I hope I'm doing this correctly. I think I am meant to create a new thread if I want to say hi. Sorry if I'm not.

I came across this forum today while searching vainly on google for some writing or editing to do. I love English and I love writing. I'm not writing anything at the moment (I lack the motivation and generally I can never write more than 1000 words before I stop - much to my regret when I return to my stories years later), but I am keen to see and read about other peoples' stories, etc. Maybe I'll find some inspiration. :)

2. 20oz

20oz Active Member

Welcome. Happy you're here. At last. Where you belong.

Welcome, welcome.

This is fine. You know what though? I thought there was a stickied thread at the top of the page where people could introduce themselves rather than new members creating their own thread. It must have disappeared or I imagined it.

3. GeorgiaMasonIII

GeorgiaMasonIII Member

Had to pop by to say I love your name and avatar. Sand cats are adorable!

I once heard a piece of writing advice for those who have trouble with motivation: try to write 700 words a day. It's an amount that will get the creative juices flowing, and it's unlikely that you'll want to stop after writing that amount; it was a small amount, but enough to get an idea down. But if you still don't have the motivation to continue after 700 words, then hey, you still wrote!

4. SandCat

SandCat New Member

I would have thought that as well. I'm surprised that there isn't.

Thanks for the welcome! It's been a while since I've joined an online forum / community (before it's mainly been gaming ones), and I'm hoping to spend some more time here.

Thanks for that advice! I'll give it a try.

5. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Welcome. We need more cats.

SandCat and Rosacrvx like this.