1. SpokenSilence

SpokenSilence Member

Hi there

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SpokenSilence, Sep 12, 2019.

Hi everyone,

I'm the new guy.
    As you may soon realise by my writing I'm not a native speaker, however I've been writing in english for some years now. Due to private reasons I had to give up writing for a while and lost touch with the hobby - now I'm back after a break of 7 years and as you may notice I'm a bit out of practise.
    Be that as it may I'm eager to learn and improve my writing skills, so just tell me if my phrasing is bad, outdated or just plainly wrong ;)

I write about men, majorly, however I don't really have a preferred genre. Nevertheless I've been working on a bigger fantasy world for some years now.

Greetings

Moon, Tralala and Some Guy like this.
  2. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Hello, Spoken! Welcome!

3. SpokenSilence

SpokenSilence Member

4. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I'm one of the moderators here.

I am always impressed by members who are writing in English, when it isn't their native language. We have many MANY members here who are doing just that, and doing it very well. I'm sure you'll find people who share your situation and will be able to offer the kind of feedback you are looking for.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest you take a look at our New Member Quick Start which will explain a few things and get you off on the right foot.

I would also recommend that you read our Forum Rules. These mainly govern overall forum behaviour. There are other rules you will find in 'sticky threads' in various sections of the forum as well. These tend to be secondary rules and suggestions that apply only to that particular section.

This is also a useful link, which will help you find what you're looking for quickly. https://www.writingforums.org/faq/

If you encounter any difficulties, please feel free to 'start a conversation' with me and I'll do what I can to help.

Explore the forum, get to know us, let us get to know you ...and have fun!

See you around the threads.

Cheers, Jan

5. SpokenSilence

SpokenSilence Member

Hi,