1. BearOfTheNorth

BearOfTheNorth Member

Hi there.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BearOfTheNorth, Jun 29, 2020.

Hi everyone, it's great to be here and it's nice to meet you all. Looking forward to getting involved in this community. I love being creative and enjoy photography, digital painting and writing. I've written the odd piece or so in the past. However, I've really taken it up as a hobby this year and done a lot of writing during this Covid-19 business.

I'm a regular roleplayer and a few months ago, I joined a Vampire: The Masquerade campaign with some friends. Every week I write short stories from my character's perspective on the events that have happened in our story. Plus I've written one independent piece for my character that's not tied in to the story (working on a second one too). I've written about 30,000 words in the 3 months I've had off work!

I was supposed to be getting married in April and going on my honeymoon in July. It's given me something to focus on during this difficult time and I'm loving it so much.

Steve Rivers and Larro like this.
  2. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums, Bear!
    Roleplayers (i find) tend to have an affinity for storytelling, partly because if you do it long enough it forces you to keep coming up with new storylines. Is it Live RP or in an online game? I had a couple friends who used to do live Masquerade RP, never got into it myself. I reckon they enjoyed it more because they did it inside a pub... Since that was their primary method of trying to coax me into doing it hehe.

Anyway, sorry to hear about the postponed wedding. At least it'll make you appreciate the day all the more when it does come around! :)

3. BearOfTheNorth

BearOfTheNorth Member

Hi Steve, thank you so much for welcoming me on here. It's live RP, done through video chat at the moment. I've been roleplaying with this group for about 5 years and I'm really enjoying this VTM campaign. Thank you so much, that's really kind of you.

I'm really looking forward to being part of this community and improving my writing skills. :)

Steve Rivers likes this.