1. xx._bareyoursoul

xx._bareyoursoul New Member

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by xx._bareyoursoul, Jun 11, 2007.

Greetings everyone at writingforums.org!​

I'm Crystal, but you can all feel free to call me Tallie. I've been writing for as long as I can remember, though I regret that I haven't had much time to write for quite some time. During the year I'm a full-time high school student, extremely involved in extra-curricular activities. That doesn't leave much time for writing. This summer I'm looking to focus intensely on my writing and churn out some great work for my Governor's School of Creative Writing portfolio.

I've written a lot of genres, still trying to find my niche. This summer I'm focusing on fantasy, which may well be my calling. I keep coming back to it time and time again.

I'm friendly, and I've been looking for a large, supportive writing community for quite some time. I really think that I will enjoy my time here at writingforums.org and I hope to get to know a lot of you and that we can all work together to hone our skills and motivate each other!

2. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Welcome and glad to have you :)

3. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Hi there.
    We tend to be fairly supportive, so you should enjoy yourself here. If you have any questions ask away, and we'll do our best to answer them.
    Cheers.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello, Tallie, and welcome.

It sounds like you have taken a very organized approach to exploring and developing your writing. Hopefully you will find a mutually beneficial exchange of ideas here.

I encourage you to explore the site and get to know people before you put your writing up for criticism. Writers who jump in and post material for immediate critiques are sometimes dismayed by frank reviews that may at times seem abrupt, because they focus on the parts that the reviewer feels could be strengthened.

So again, welcome to the forum, and I hope your time here is satisfying and informative.

And have fun!

5. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hey there,

Welcome to the forums :) It certainly does sound like you take a very serious approach to writing... I wish I could be so methodical sometimes, I often have trouble motivating myself to write and stick closely to certain genres never giving myself a chance to explore.

As mentioned earlier, if you have any questions then feel free to ask as we're all a pretty supportive and welcoming bunch. Also, to further what Cogito said its preferred that you critique another's work before posting your own and you will usually get a better response.

Kit

6. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

iyaa Tallie,
    nice to see someone new around here, and i am glad that you have taken an interest. i'm Heather and i look forward to reading some of your work.
    Heather

7. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Welcome, Tallie. I look forward to potentially reading some of your stuff!

8. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Whilst fanatsy ain't my genre I still wish you the warmest of welcomes and wish you the best with your writing, this summer and those to come!

9. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome

~Raven.

10. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hey and welcome t the forum. It is great to have you hear.
    Look forward to seeing you around the board.

~Torana

11. xx._bareyoursoul

xx._bareyoursoul New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, all of you. I intended to spend some of yesterday checking out the forums, however, to my dismay, my internet modem completely died on me. The UPS man brought a new one around noon today, and my father slaved away for about an hour trying to get it to work because we had some problems with it.

But my internet is back now, and I'm overjoyed. However, the lack of net did wonders for my writing. I got so much work done!

I look forward to giving you guys feedback on your work!

12. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Well glad you are back with us :D