1. RogerDodge

RogerDodge New Member

Hi to one and all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RogerDodge, Mar 4, 2015.

Just a bit about me, I am a retired library worker I have read more bits of books than I care to remember.
    I am having a go at a short story that will end up a long story, so far I am on chapter 18 but they are small chapters.
    I do not wish to publish my book but if ever I finish it, hope to print out copy's for my family and friends.
    I like most new people need lots of help as I am dead new to this writing bit but as I have unpacked and put many books on the library shelves in my 20 odd years, so, will give it a go.
    My name is Reggie but my dad called me RogerDodge.

Dab likes this.
  2. Alley

Alley Member

Welcome to the forum.

How come your short story keeps expanding? Is it because your plot just requires the extra pages? Or do you keep expanding it as you go along?

3. RogerDodge

RogerDodge New Member

As I have never written much and have not a clue what I'm doing I write a couple of chapters then start thinking about it when I am in bed and I put it in writing the next day but some times it may be in the future, like he meets a girl gets married then I go back and he courts her but not in order.
    I seem to fast forward in the story then have to back track.
    Thanks for taking an interest Alley.

4. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

5. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Welcome to the forums, @RogerDodge!

Here's a link to the New Member Guide where you can find the rules as well as other forum basics. Take a look at it and then dive into the sea of threads and posts!

(Btw, how on Earth do you get the nickname "RogerDodge" from "Reggie"? :confused:)

Have fun!

6. KaitysDad

KaitysDad Member

Hi, welcome to the forum.