1. TimaLadyGaladriel

TimaLadyGaladriel New Member

Ay guys!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TimaLadyGaladriel, Aug 9, 2014.

A friend of mine showed me this forum and I fell in love with it instantly. It's something I've been looking for for a really long time.
    I consider myself an author even thought I don't have many published works. Few articles in our school newspaper and that's it. I used to also run a blog but at that time, it was nothing for me, but I am considering creating one in the future.
    So where do I publish my works? Well,on AO3 are most of my fanfics, I have some works scattered around the internet and most of them are unpublished, I share those only with some people.
    When I was starting off, I was unable to write short storied but I wrote two 15-20k let's call it "novels". They were really bad but I was proud of them. It was total start for me and it was written in my native tongue. After that I wrote my first fanfic which was quite bad too. At that point, I was starting to realize that writing novels might not be something for me because I had this problem that I started a story and I was writing it for a really long time and it was surprisingly good but as I was going further with it, it was going faster and faster and I grew not to like it that much and I finished it with bad and really fast ending and so, it was not good.
    Then, after over a year after I started writing I've decided to start writing in English which was maybe one of the best choices I made. Even though I am not native speaker, I really love English with it's ability to change and bend. It was also a start of writing many various fanfics and it helped me a lot with my writing.
    I also started writing these one shots I call moodies. They are basically short stories that I wrote when I was in some weird mood e.g. sadness. I think they are one of the best short works of mine. I can say I am most proud of If This Should be the End. I edited it many times, even created a screenplay for a short movie. I love the characters in that story and it was giving me hope back then.
    Another part of my writing past was deciding to start writing screenplays and I have few of them (unpublished) but they are all for a short movies, less than 10 minutes of time. I started writing one that was longer but never finished it.
    I think I also should write here the authors that are inspiring me in writing. Basically, it is all the authors whose books I read, screenwriters whose movies I watch, I have huge respect for everyone who writes and has ability to develop interesting stories.
    For me the most important authors are J.K.Rowling, J.R.R.Tolkien, Terry Goodkind, John Green and Steven Moffat.
    J.K.Rowling was the person who introduced me to the world of fantasy and without her, I wouldn't be the person I am not.
    J.R.R.Tolkien, I have deep respect for him because he created not only characters and plots but he moved the writing into whole new level with creation of the midlands and languages and stuff that took him many years.
    Terry Goodkind, I just love man's writing. I admire and love how he can describe the scenery and how he developed the characters. Also, he wrote quite a few of interesting ideas in his series. He is the source of my vocabulary and phrases I use.
    John Green, even when story is sad, I smile and laugh when I am reading his works. I love his ability to write something funny and heartwarming in his works and I admire that.
    Steven Moffat. I had to add this troll too. I love how sly he is. I like the complicated plots he's created on Doctor Who and Sherlock. Of course, he is not perfect and DW is getting less interesting and appealing for me, but I still like his works.
    That's about all about me, I think. Maybe a bit too long introduction but whatever. I look forward to digging deeper into this forum and reading all your opinions.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2014
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Lady Galadriel. :) I'm also an EFL speaker, and we have several others here too, so you'll fit right in. What's your mothertongue?

Here's our New Member Guide to get you started.

See you around. :)

-Kat

3. TimaLadyGaladriel

Aww thank you :)) My mother tongue is Slovak :)

KaTrian likes this.
  4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Uncanny, another Slovak I've welcomed to the forum today. :D

5. TimaLadyGaladriel

Yeah, that's the friend that showed me this forum xD

6. Zelg

Zelg New Member

Welcome to the forum, Lady Galadriel.

I hope you enjoy the experience. :)