1. frinkprofessor

frinkprofessor New Member

Looking for inspiration, someone to write with.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by frinkprofessor, Nov 22, 2014.

Hey folks. My name's Simon. I'm almost twenty-five years old and have been writing for a long time; it was my first hobby and is the only one that I've maintained throughout my life. I always thought I might like to be a writer, professionally, but due to some health issues--depression, mainly--it's hard for me to finish a story. I'll start on it, work on it, but sometimes I find it very, very difficult to keep my concentration and motivation.

However, last year, I discovered roleplaying (I do it for BBC's Sherlock, on Omegle), and I've found that writing with another person is just what I need to keep that motivation and interest/concentration going, because it's like hanging out with a friend and writing at the same time. It's like doing improv, because you never know what you're going to have to respond to.

So, would anyone be interested in coauthoring an original story? I thought it'd be a neat and fun idea to essentially 'roleplay' a story with original characters and plot, just as long as we're respectful of one another's limits and discuss characters/basic plot/outline beforehand.

I'm rather open as far as genre's concerned, but I will say that I'm not a huge fan of fantasy or science fiction. Maybe I just haven't been exposed to things that I enjoy from said genres, but eh. Beyond LOTR/Hobbit and Star Trek TNG, they don't do it for me. Horror, drama, mystery, maaaaaybe romance are fine.

I am NOT looking to write erotica. If it so happens that we have a sex scene or two in the story--or what have you--that's fine, but I'm not doing this to get off or to fill a kink or anything. I just enjoy writing and think that writing with another person is a lot of fun.

Thanks for reading :)

2. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forum. I don't hang out with the role players but I know they're here somewhere. ;)