1. TheClassified

TheClassified New Member

A new one on board

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TheClassified, Feb 23, 2015.

Hey,
    Somehow, I always wrote small things when life wasn't that good for me.(happens not that often) Instead of having a dialogue, I just wrote something. Then, suddenly, I had that really cool book idea, and now I'm here. Well, you all know how it starts.

I haven't read that much in school, and never liked to read the class literature. Always boring stuff. But on the other hand, I spend my day crawling through science posts, and STEM fields. So I enjoy reading, but not the usual stuff...

I have never written before, have no idea how to write properly, how to develop characters, settings, plots and all that kind of stuff and that's why I'm here. I speak four languages fluently, so I usually mess up words, but it's pretty cool.

About me? Well I study Computer Science and can help you with all your science fiction research questions, because somehow, I know a few things in this domain. If you want a proofread for another language than English, just send me a PM. If I speak it, and I like you, I'll do it.

Maybe a few words about my idea can be interesting... It's a dystopian sci-fiction world, where one guy needs to save humanity. (Usual stuff, like every action film. But better.)

Uhm... yeah that was it. If you want to know more, just ask me. And as every new member here, I'm looking forward to post my first piece of code text to receive critique.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Here's our New Member Guide to get you started. Wow, a true polyglot! You don't meet those everyday. Which languages do you speak? If you speak Finnish, I could hire you to proofread my next paper... :p

Anyway, see you around!

-Kat

3. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Ov The Left Hand Path Contributor

Welcome! Welcome! I personally am looking to computer science at uni when September arrives, so hopefully i should be able to have at-length chats :) hope you enjoy your stay with us (albeit you will never be able to properly leave!)

4. TheClassified

TheClassified New Member

Thank you, to both of you!
    Really? It's not that uncommon here. I mean most people I know speak at least two languages fluently, if not three to four... Unfortunately, I can't speak Finnish. I speak English, German, French and then another highly unknown language ;) And a bit of Italian, but I don't like it to learn it somehow...
    Well, feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions, or ideas. If I have a clue about what you're talking, you'll get an answer!

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome to the WF.