1. ProcrastinatingDreamer

ProcrastinatingDreamer Member

I'm a brand new member of this community, but I'm very happy to be a part of it. I feel I should probably elaborate on why I'm here.

Around a year and a half ago, I had sudden inspiration for a fantasy story. I really honed in on this idea, developing some pretty interesting characters alongside a surreal premise. But immediately had a severe problem...I didn't have an actual plot.

I kept trying to write by the seat of my pants, but there didn't seem to be any structure to my novel. Thus the story couldn't work no matter how many times I tried, and I've tried several times.( Sorry if this sounds like an " Oh, woe is me " kind of thing )

So recently I decided I was going to do it with an outline. Yet as I'm working on this outline, I still have conflictions that prevent me from devising a coherrent plot. My story does have a definitive beginning, but a bit of a rocky middle and a non existent ending. So I am really hoping this forum can provide me with the means to help with my writing issues. I really want to tell this story for some reason and I could use all the help I can get.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  2. rainy_summerday

rainy_summerday Active Member

Hello :)
    Welcome to the community, ProcrastinatingDreamer. And good luck with your novel! It sounds like you could benefit from this site a lot. It's very comforting to know that other people struggle with the same problems.

3. ProcrastinatingDreamer

Thanks! It also doesn't help that I'm a perfectionist, I'd really like to punch that problem in the metaphorical face by actually completing this book.

4. rainy_summerday

rainy_summerday Active Member

Maybe take a look at the progress journals section. I found it yesterday, and it really gave me a much-needed nudge into the right direction. You can document which research you did, how much you added to the story, etc.

Then there's the possibility of asking for help with cross-checking your facts, testing names and plot ideas, and so on. I am sure that you will find plenty to keep you motivated.

5. Zorabora

Zorabora New Member

Hello! I love sudden inspiration, I am going on some myself ;) I'd love to talk more about your ideas and maybe I can help you come up with some plot structure. I'm new to the forum too, would love to connect. Take care!

6. ProcrastinatingDreamer

Thanks, Zora!

I have my first journal post available in the progress journal section if you'd like to learn more about the book. :)

Zorabora likes this.
  7. ProcrastinatingDreamer

Well, I made my own journal. Hopefully that'll help!