1. shards

shards New Member

Bitten by the Writers Bug

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by shards, Feb 29, 2016.

Hi there,
    I found this site in my search for everything literary and its preparation. I have perused a few projects in the workshop and am intimidated yet excited as well having started and stopped writing across a few jonrahs over the last 10 years. The critic is reasonably fair and I'm excited and inspired to keep at my current project having found this site.
    :)

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

There's no need to be intimidated. I'm 17 and I'm not intimidated. And I hope you do enjoy this site, and the potential benefits of it. :agreed::agreed::agreed:

shards likes this.
  3. BadCrow

BadCrow Member

Hey there! Welcome to the site, are you currently working on a piece?

4. shards

shards New Member

I have a few things going lol. I started a sci fi years ago and keep going back to it and then shelving it. Sci fi is hard when you read through it can become a little cheesy and i keep getting this picture of a 70's style of book cover in my head. I started a rom com about 2 years ago and actually said the words out loud "I am going to write a book" but only to a couple of very close friends. I don't move in literary circles so it's not something you just pipe up about. When my daughter mentioned my book in front of my husband he looked at me like I had grown two heads. I have kept my writing very private. Maybe when i finish my rom com i will show him but for now i will keep it to myself its hard enough to motivate and encourage yourself to keep going without someone close treating writing as a laughing point.
    I also have started penning some childrens stories, I was watching a demo on book binding and thought how nice it would be to have a go at but what exactly could I bind so i thought it would be nice to write some stories about my grand kids and then bind them as gifts when their a little older. :)

Oscar Leigh and BadCrow like this.
  5. Judahml

Judahml Member

Hey shards, nice to meet you. That sounds like an awesome idea (the self bound gift books)
    Few people "get" why people want to write...personally I can't get why they wouldn't...but regardless your in good company here...or bizarre company...and hey sometimes that's a heck of a lot better.

Oscar Leigh and shards like this.