1. marie16

marie16 New Member

Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by marie16, Sep 6, 2016.

Hello, I'm Carly. I'm 15, black, and have always wanted to be a writer (and an English teacher, but whatever).
    I've just heard of this site but I thought it was really interesting so I joined. I've been writing for as long as I could write, I think I had notebooks full of stories and drawings from when I when I was six. I mainly plan on writing novels since I love developing characters for as long as a possibly can. I'm really good at planning stories out but not so good at writing those ideas down, but I can try.

I hope I can get inspired by all of the writing you all create! Thanks for reading this!

2. Brindy

Brindy Member Supporter

Hi Carly, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting articles and posts to help you. Have fun looking around.

3. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Hya Carly!
    Developing characters is my favourite part of writing too, and I often over develop. Oops.
    I hope you'll have fun here.

4. marie16

marie16 New Member

Thanks! I'll try to do that.

Thanks! I overdevelop a lot too, but I guess it helps in the end.

5. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi Marie, and welcome to WF!
    I guess getting started is the hardest part... But there's no other way, just weave your ideas into a story, come what may. :D I hope we'll be able to inspire and support you. :) Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Have fun!

-Kat

6. karldots92

karldots92 Active Member

Hi Carly. Welcome to the forum. We're all in the same boat here so hopefully we can all help each other out - its helped me an awful lot since I joined. Its always great to share ideas and get some different points of view. :)