?

Whats the most interesting thing in a romance novel for you?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2017.
  1. The relationship between the hero and heroine?

33.3%
  2. The Villain?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The intimacy?

33.3%
  4. The setting?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The mystery?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Overall adventure?

66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. VarriedRomance88

VarriedRomance88 New Member

Hello from Varried

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by VarriedRomance88, Dec 12, 2016.

Hi,

So I'm just a basic 20 something adult with a normal job, normal student loan debt, normal romance struggling boyfriend, semi liberal religious/political/cultural views. I am very average, and I feel I want to write a story that is both average and not average. I always hate when I stand at the grocery store or book store and I find that the selection of multi racial couples are underrepresented in romance books, same with homosexual couples, and romance novels with some connection to religions based in Christianity. NOTHING is wrong with a heterosexual Caucasian Christianity related romance; and I like historical romances so I can understand why this is often the case...but I want something more.

So the story I have been playing with the longest combines my wish list with a bit of fantasy that I hope validates the structure I want to create in my story's world. I find I'm really struggling with working on the story regularly, and some basic concepts that are difficult for an inexperienced writer like me to write.

So maybe i can just have fun, learn a little/a lot, stay inspired, and maybe even help inspire others.

Simpson17866 likes this.
  2. VarriedRomance88

VarriedRomance88 New Member

OH! And I forgot to say about my story...I guess since I'll likely reference it again and again I can use this to form a base response on the story.

Right now it would be a trio of couples; I want to give each some kind of supernatural characteristic. My profile picture, as of writing this post, is two of the characters in the story. Met Roan and Ciera. Roan is a brave warrior of King Jason with a light heart and a yearning to find a dream love who helped him get through tough times. Ciera is a chief among a clan of lycans struggling under the responsibility of her duty, traditions, and the life she wants to lead. They have had a connection since they were young children, and yet they first time they know each other's name they hate each other and are forced to be together. Can they get past childish fantasies of the other, reveal each other's dark histories and secrets, and fight against the "Black Water" lord who is said to be the reason for the sudden deaths of a King Jason's court?

King Jason and Queen Evelyn were once best friends after she helped save his life, but circumstance pulled them together before either were ready to be attached as husband and wife for forever. But Jason has to reclaim his country and people and he leaves his new bride and their family in the care of protectors. Evelyn will not sit along the side lines, this man is her first and only love she has to protect him.

Tarrell has always seen himself as a monster, the cursed bastard son of a prince. He was ripped from his family at such a young age that even under the guidance and love of friends he still struggles with who he is. His only cure is to drown himself in the battles necessary to secure his cousin's throne. Can anyone help Tarrell unite his man and beast side into a full happy being? Or is he cursed to always walk in darkness alone and haunted?

I feel like these brief summaries make it obvious that Ciera and Roan are the characters I have thought out the furthest. Still maybe this will help me bring the cacophony of ideas I have into a distinct story.

Simpson17866 likes this.