1. Rumple

Rumple Member

USMC a father and aspiring writer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rumple, Dec 10, 2016.

I would like to think that I have always had the gift of writing. Early on my biggest focus was always poetry and song writing. I joined the Marines right out of high school and strayed away from writing. Now I have been afforded enough time to pick back up again with one goal in mind, write a book. I plan to write poetry in between because I enjoy the calmness it brings. I currently have a work in progress and I'm very anxious to post my outline in two weeks time. I'm by no means above anyone or feel that I am, I take everything with a grain of salt and I'm open to all criticism advice etcetera... thank you all and I'm excited to restart this journey.

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Welcome - I'd guess that a career in USMC has given you plenty to write about either directly or indirectly

Incidentally the 2 weeks and twenty days thing is for posting excerpts of writing for critique in the workshop (you also need two decent critiques given for each one you post). You can post your plot outline now , in the plot development board , if you wish

3. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forum.

This is a wonderful place, full of great people willing to help. I look forward to seeing your ideas and reading your work.

Rumple likes this.
  4. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Semper Fi! There are a few military folks here, but AFAIK, you and I are the only US Marines. I didn't make a career out of it, but it never goes away, looking forward to seeing your work.

Simpson17866 likes this.
  5. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Welcome :)

6. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

There was that guy who was writing the story about US forces vs the undead in Afghanistan (Hell is a mountain I think it was called), I think he was USMC but we haven't seen him lately.

7. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site!

8. Rumple

Rumple Member

Yes I want to post my outline for my WIP just to see if people would be interested, because I'm very anxious.