1. Tsundoku

Tsundoku New Member

Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tsundoku, Aug 3, 2019.

I'm in my late twenties, a librarian, and I'm trying to focus on my writing more now and figured joining this forum might be useful. I tend to switch between ideas a lot but I've realised it's about time I focus on just one idea so that I can properly develop it and, you know, actually write a complete novel.

So yeah, hi!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2019
    Alan Aspie likes this.
  2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    :superhello:
    I wish you the best of luck on your novel. :superidea:

Have fun. :supersmile:
    TakeThis.jpg

3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hello there, Tsundoku! I'm one of the forum moderators, and I'd like to say 'welcome to the forum!' It's exciting to be starting out on a writing venture, isn't it?

Because you're a librarian, you must have an affinity for books. That's a good place to start. I think most people who have a love of reading and storytelling will eventually at least think about writing a story. It's great that in these modern times, this is so much easier to to do. Software makes it easy to chop and change, edit, try out new ideas, etc. And of course, learning the craft is much easier as well, with all the online resources available to you ...including this forum.

I hope you will enjoy your time here.

I highly recommend that you begin by visiting this section of the forum. New Member Quick Start It was written expressly for new members, to get them off on the right foot.

I would also recommend you read our forum rules. Forum Rules These mostly govern general behaviour on the forum, and topics like your screen name, and links to other off-forum sites, etc.

Each section of the forum may also have its own set of rules. For example, here is one from the Workshop section of the forum, which is a very popular place where members can post their work for critique. (There is more about how to do this in the New Member Start Guide.) https://www.writingforums.org/faq/writing-workshop.16/category

You might find this link useful, finding the different sections. It's not the usual set of questions and answers, but actually is a site map, with links to most areas of the forum. It's a very quick way to find what you're looking for.
    https://www.writingforums.org/faq/

Take your time to get to know us. Browse the forum, and if you encounter any threads that seem interesting to you, feel free to add a comment. The more you participate, the more you'll feel like a member of the community. Whatever your interests are, I'm sure you'll make friends here. Just give it some time.

If you encounter any problems, feel free to click on my owl avatar and 'start a conversation' with me. I'll be glad to help.

Cheers for now,

Jan