1. Lanette777

Lanette777 New Member

Hi.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lanette777, Oct 26, 2019.

Please call me Lanette. I'm a teenage writer of Filipino heritage, now living in Europe. I just love to write. "Bathos" is a trope you'll see a lot of my work, which is basically dramatic/serious material immediately followed up by comic absurdity.

I love to laugh and write jokes, even if they're not so good. (I've had a lot people tell me my characters' banter is excellent, though, which I'm happy to hear.) I also love romance and hope that one day I can help (re-)elevate the genre. Although romance doesn't have to be elaborate to be good, I just think there are genuine cultural and intellectual merits in romantic fiction. I love romantic fiction.

marshipan, Some Guy and Tralala like this.
  2. Tralala

Tralala Active Member

Hi Lanette,
    It's nice to see you here :cheerleader:

3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hello Lanette. I'm one of the forum moderators, and I want to welcome you to the forum. I think you'll find we have members who enjoy reading and writing Romance, and there have been quite a few discussions here based on the genre. It's a genre that has been on the go for a long time, and has evolved in many different directions, hasn't it?

We have members from all around the world, including many from the Philippines and Europe. So you'll fit right in.

Anyway, as you're finding your feet here, please take the time to read these two links.

New Member Quick Start

Forum Rules

They will help you get oriented, give you insight into how the forum operates, and will help keep you on track in terms of our rules and expectations.

This is another link I've found very useful. It functions as a forum map, giving you quick and easy access to all areas of the forum.

https://www.writingforums.org/faq/

Please feel free to contact me via a 'conversation' if you encounter any difficulties getting started. I'll do what I can to help.

Meantime ...dive in, get started, get to know us and let us get to know you. And do have fun! :)

Cheers, Jan