1. Dullener

Dullener New Member

Wish to serve....

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Dullener, Feb 28, 2012.

:confused:

For project: Twilight eyes: a fantasy Novella.

In short, my story have people who can turn into wolves who fight ghost to protect people in their distinct. Accidentally, though biting they make two people wolves, but um... I didn't get for what reason they will protect people. Should I make them on their wish to serve, will it be a good idea?

On the wish to serve, there could be some character conflicts, but I will overcome them.

What do you think?

D.

2. UrbanBanshee

UrbanBanshee Member

You could have it be a side-effect of being able to wolves. Somehow their instincts guide them to protect those weaker then themselves. That could make an interesting internal conflict if the human half is afraid (self-preservation) but their wolf have compels them to serve, even if it hurts them.

It is also interesting to just have it be personal preferences. Delving into why they feel that way. Is it a way to keep their humanity? How they were raised? Maybe they get something out of serving?

3. Dullener

Dullener New Member

thanks for advice. I never thought of that... well Jake (one of those who is made werewolf), is very gulliable, so I didn't had much problem to him to get on and serve the people. Though James is very pratical and self fish and all that. Your advice fit like a key in the lock. But still, I will like some more ideas. :)
    Thanks from
    D.

4. riggbren

riggbren New Member

I think UrbanBanshee's idea sounded really good.

5. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

If they're fighting against ghosts, that's motivation in itself. If they fail to succeed in their job, and [presumably] the ghosts take over, what will happen as a consequence? That's probably more of a basic, self-preservation-based motivation, so you won't have to make it ALL about nobility and protecting the weak (which could, potentially, come across as sappy if it's overdone).

Also, even though your basic premise sounds really cool, if it were me, I wouldn't name it "Twilight Eyes." People have their own associations with the word "Twilight," especially when combined with werewolves, and I'm not sure if it's an association that you want your story linked to. ;)