Tags:
  1. O.M. Hillside

O.M. Hillside Senior Member

Hillside is Paranoid About Sharing

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by O.M. Hillside, Mar 22, 2018.

So I saw progress journals when I first joined the forum and immediately recoiled in contempt at the idea of posting my thoughts or progress here because I was raised to keep what you do to yourself until it's done. So maybe this could be a meta-progress journal about me making progress towards being willing to share progress?

I'm not going to share anything about what I'm actually doing now. But I guess it's worth mentioning some ideas I've been having. Actually that makes me more paranoid because I don't want anyone to steal my ideas or throw me in the wrong direction.

Okay, I'll just be super vague:

Robots and society on a micro, familial level. What might that look like?
    Better tread lightly on that trip, boy.
    An honest man.
    What makes a king? Impressive throne, of course.
    When might it be a good idea to just kill yourself?
    Misery of simplicity.
    Love life. Not love life, but love your/this life.
    Ancient Rome be like: people used to live like that?

That's probably good for now.

2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Nobody wants to steal your ideas - promise. Ideas are literally worthless: not only do most writers have more of their OWN ideas than they have time to write, but if they did 'steal' an idea (which can't be copyrighted anyway) it would end up so vastly different from your version - or my version - that it wouldn't impact your story in any way. Writers don't need to worry about 'theft' until their story is published. THAT'S when it gets stolen, and there's nothing you can do about it unless you have millions to waste on endless lawsuits. Best to get used to the idea now.

3. O.M. Hillside

My intent was more tongue-in-cheek in regards to stealing. My main problem is when I tell people too much about what I'm doing, I can tend to get kind of lazy or unfocused. I like to keep the details to myself until I at least finish a first draft.

4. O.M. Hillside

Okay, so now I'm working on a few projects, here.

1. Sliver, a book, a compilation of short stories centering around important, yet normal, moments.
    2. You Will Be Crushed, a book, a story of a man's search for truth.
    3. How Does That Make You Feel? A TV show. Comedy about an alcoholic psychologist who meets patients in a bathtub.