Tags:
  1. ECgirl19

ECgirl19 New Member

Hi, Another Newbie here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ECgirl19, May 21, 2019.

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the boards.I live in the UK.

I am currently near the end of writing two books in a potential vampire series. I am an absolute beginner. The reason I have joined an online community is because I am now at a stage that I've nearly finished them and can seek lots of advice from a community like this, joining others that love to write.

I have given six people a taster of my first book, though unfinished, they love it. I'm a little obsessed with my characters, well a lot to be truthful. I've spent the past two weeks solid, glued to my laptop, being part of their world to get the books finished. I am self employed so I am lucky I can wrap myself up in it all.

I love to read, mainly fantasy, vampire, werewolf.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone [​IMG]

2. Maverick_nc

Maverick_nc Contributor Contributor

Welcome! This is a great community to be a part of, I'm sure you will find the advice you're seeking here, and perhaps you have some to offer others too.

I look forward to reading an excerpt from your novel when you're ready to share :)

3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Wow. You've already got two books (almost) under your belt? That's impressive. How do you feel about them? Has the writing gone well? Obsessed with your characters sounds good to me. That means you're really invested in your stories.

After you've fulfilled the requirements for posting in the Workshop— read New Member Quick Start to discover what they are—you can post some of your own work for member feedback (maybe your opening chapter, or some other part of the story.)

Our Workshop is one of the most popular parts of the forum. That's where people read your stuff and give feedback on it. It's a learning experience for both the writer and the critique-giver. You could do worse than take a look at what's already there, and give a constructive critique to anything you see that interests you. One of the rules for posting work in the Workshop is that you need to give two critiques for every one of your own pieces. You can get a head start on meeting your requirements by giving feedback to somebody else, whenever you want to.

If you're not sure what a constructive critique entails, try reading this link here: https://www.writingforums.org/threads/constructive-critiques.20627/

Also check out our Rules section. It's a little more comprehensive than the New Member Start Guide, and these rules apply to all members—new and otherwise. Forum Rules

And you might want to try this link here as well, to get to know our Admin and Moderator staff. One of our new Super Moderators, Iain Aschendale, has not yet had time to write his bio, but he is also one of the staff here. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you run into any difficulties, and I'll be glad to help.
    https://www.writingforums.org/faq/staff.68/

Anyway, hope you have fun here, and hope you get the support you are looking for. We're all either writers or wannabe writers, so there's a common goal out there someplace! :)

Cheers, Jan

4. ECgirl19

ECgirl19 New Member

Hi Jan and Maverick, thankyou for the welcome.

I currently have my un-edited version of my book with six readers. I've had some good feedback from them already. I've got my first book with a long established Beta reader in that genre who was ranked No1 reader on Goodreads so it's handy having someone like that. She has uploaded my book to Kindle to read it. I'm excited to hear her feedback. Once I know what her feedback is, I can send it off to an editor I am using. If it all goes well. I am hoping to use one of the cover designers on this website to produce it for me.

My first book is a small book of around 50,000, words but it's one of a series.
    I am just going to check out the links you have given me. Thank you.
    I have already learnt so much navigating this site, it's fab.