Tags:
  1. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Banned

Just started writing again

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AceBoogie, Sep 18, 2019.

Hello, I just began writing again in my life and wanted to join a community to post my work and get feedback, as well as give feedback to others.

Look forward to talking with you guys.

EFMingo likes this.
  2. SpokenSilence

SpokenSilence Member

Hi & Welcome :)

3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hello, AceBoogie

I'm one of the forum moderators here, and I want to bid you welcome.

This is a great place to come to get feedback on all sorts of writing. If you browse our Workshop section, you not only will get an idea of what our member writers are like, but also an idea of the variety of writing on offer.

Do be aware that there are requirements you must meet before you are allowed to post your own work in the Workshop. And also be aware that the Workshop is the only area of the forum where you are allowed to post your own work.

Basically, the three requirements are:

1) you must be a member here for two full weeks
    2) you must make at least 20 posts in the areas of your choice on the forum

After you have fulfilled these two requirements, your status will change from New Member to Member.

However, if you want to post your work for feedback, you must also:

3) give at least 2 constructive critiques for every one of your own works that you post. This ratio continues for as long as you are a Member here. Two critiques:1 piece of your own work.

This is all explained in detail in our New Member Quick Start, which I would advise you to read.

This might give you an idea of what we expect from a critique. Essentially you give others' work the kind of attention and level of suggestion that you want to receive for your own.
    https://www.writingforums.org/threads/constructive-critiques.20627/

Please, also read our Forum Rules.

If you encounter any difficulties, feel free to contact me via a 'conversation.' Just click my owl avatar and follow the signs. I will do my best to help.

Browse around, get to know us, let us get to know you. And have fun!

Cheers,

Jan