1. Mikalijah

Mikalijah New Member

It took me two days to post this.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mikalijah, Jun 22, 2015.

Hey there, I'm Mikalijah. I'm actually rewriting this introduction from the one I drafted yesterday, to better fit my mood this morning. But I assure you, you're not missing out on anything.
    I joined this forum primarily to have my lyrics looked at, because I have a severe case of doubt and self-loathing in the way of quality. Ironically, I also fear my work will be stolen, but I know that I have to trust the world in order to couple my lyrics with music.
    I hope to gain feedback, learn from others' writing, and get my work out there.
    I can't wait to start posting!

2. Stacy C

Stacy C Banned

Two days to post that? May I suggest a speed-typing course? :) Just kidding. Welcome, and we'll look forward to seeing your lyrics.

3. Mikalijah

Mikalijah New Member

Ahaha, it's more of just being too selective of my words. Thank you!

4. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I look forward to reading your lyrics. :)
    I doubt anyone will steal your work here, and if they do, they don't belong on this forum. ;)

A lot of people here struggle with self criticism, so you come to the right place!

5. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Welcome Mikalijah! :) You can utilise our Workshop on this forum, which is especially made for people to post their work up for critique. There're a few requirements you have to meet before posting there, which you can find in the FAQ here :) Look forward to seeing your work there!

6. Mikalijah

Mikalijah New Member

Thank you! I'm on it!

7. jen_writer

jen_writer Member

What's probably the case is you are your own worst critic I have that problem. I took recently winning a short story competition to think that my writing is any good and people telling me it was good. I still have doubts etc though. There's a lot of music in the charts I find the lyrics don't mean anything, I think the music might be a strong point too? I'm just trying to say that if you can do better than the rubbish in the charts you're on to something.
    all the best

8. EmptySoul

EmptySoul Active Member

Hi, welcome, and other such social niceties!