1. Kenneth McCabe

Kenneth McCabe Active Member

Showman writing by default

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kenneth McCabe, Aug 18, 2022.

I've actually worked in the entertainment industry for over 40 years. As a young man, I worked for the SeaWorld corporation for 14 years, eventually moving up to the title of Senior Corporate Show Producer. As such, I wrote and directed many animal shows (think Shamu the killer whale) as well as water-ski shows, stunt shows, Wild West shows, ice skating shows and many others. I left SW and owned my own production company for many years producing entertainment all over the world. I eventually re-entered the corporate world joining World Choice Investments LLC owned by Dolly Parton (I even got to co-write a song with her ). After 20 years as their Corporate Director of Entertainment, I retired in March 2022. I have begun writing short stories and even a memoir about my many entertainment experiences. What I like most about writing is that it doesn't require millions of dollars to produce a high quality piece of entertainment.

Luanne Williams and Xoic like this.
  2. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Hey Kenneth, welcome to our humble abode. You'll find it isn't much different from being in the tank with Shamu (just kidding!)(But it's never a bad idea to bring a bucket of fish just in case... :D)

Hope to see you get your feet wet and do some posting, maybe just for fun in the Lounge now and then, and each time you've done the requisite 2 critiques in the Workshop on other people's stories you'll be able to post a piece of your work and get some advice.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  3. Kenneth McCabe

Kenneth McCabe Active Member

Great! I'm excited to get started. I'll check out the workshop ASAP!

Xoic likes this.