1. Rita M Gardner

Rita M Gardner Member

Hello all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rita M Gardner, Jul 13, 2016.

Hi! My name is Rita and ever since I was a young bud I had a very strong passion for writing. At one point, that was the only consistent thing in my life however, I lost my juice and put the pen down for a few years.

I picked it back up to write my very first book almost a year ago and it's been tough. First I'm all in it, then I get bored. I make many changes, I "can't" find the time, not exposing myself to the proper audiences, et cetera. I'm finally ready to get out there in the writing world. However, I now face (or have always faced) the imposter syndrome.

I hope to learn from many of you and I hope I too am able to teach you something! I am so ready for this, it's been a long time coming.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. VynniL

VynniL Contributor Contributor

Warm welcomes Rita! :)

I lost my own juice fro 5 years straight, life got too much, but when I returned, I found this place. Lucky me and lucky you. ;)

Here you will find wonderful souls floating about and you will learn to love them if you stay and really spend the time to contribute and share.

I also recommend you spam the WF mascot (@Oscar Leigh) as he's the little heart the pulses and keeps the love circulating in this vibrant ecosystem of writers.

I look forward to reading your works if you care to share and I highly recommend entering and voting in the WF biweekly competitions: https://www.writingforums.org/writing-contests/

Cheers,
    Linny

Rita M Gardner and Oscar Leigh like this.
  3. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the madhouse! :D
    I hope you get over any issues here. There's a number of places you can find support, motivation and inspiration including the writing prompts section and even the mental health support thread if you ever need it.
    I don't think I can claim to be that essential, unfortunately! I'm just some crazy guy in the corner. I suppose we all contribute in own ways! Like being that guy that thinks it's funny to give people straight jackets when they join. He thinks they're laughing with him, they're not. :rolleyes:
    Anyway, here's your member's uniform;:p
    Straightjacket for WritingForums.jpg
    Have a look at this for your introductory information needs;https://www.writingforums.org/threads/new-member-quick-start-guide.132102/.
    Oscar out!:brb:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    Rita M Gardner likes this.
  4. Rita M Gardner

Rita M Gardner Member

Definitely laughed with you Oscar .

Oscar Leigh likes this.