1. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Children of Gods (OOC)

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Tara, Oct 24, 2013.

Feel free to join at any given time. We can always use new people to keep the game alive. You can find info about the game here.

Any discussions related to the RP and character sheets go in this thread. If there's anything you want to know you can ask it here, or you can send me a PM.

Character sheets have to be approved by me first.

Characters (click to see CS)
    Kinradamni Talahan
    Lokin
    Samantha Umbra and Furcas
    Cian Caoineadh
    Tundle Moun
    Kyrun Telforce
    Kasper Vasruth
    Pit Shoner
    Nix
    Graham Miller
    Hugo Thornville
    Lolaren

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  2. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Name: Kinradamni (aka: Kinra) Talahan (pronounced: Kin-ruh-dom-knee Tall-ah-haan)
    Race: Half-demon (shapeshifter)
    Appearance: Demon Girl by ObsidianHyena on deviantART -Kinra stands around 5"4" tall, and covers herself with a black cloak to hide her changed form. Though she was born to human parents, she strangely cannot change herself to look human, and has the ability to only appear to be one animal besides changing her hair color and eyes, but those are useless to her. As for the animal- she can change into a long-legged rodent with a plumed tail that is about one foot in height. Pretty much a large kangaroo rat. But no matter what form she takes, her skin is black, she has four glowing red eyes, and her skin looks to be peeling away to reveal glowing red magma within. No one seems to know why or how she was born a demon of all things, and it has forced her to remain shy and quick to hide to avoid abuse from others.
    Faction: None
    Background: Kinra was born to human parents, and though her whole family denies that there has ever been a demon among them, it appears that Kinra must be the offspring of a demon -though very distantly. Either that, or she is demon-touched, but no one really knows for sure about that. Still, her family raised her like any normal human child, and to them that's what she was -she had virtually no temper that they knew of and remained quiet. Pretty much the perfect child. But whenever the other kids her age would see her, they'd run screaming. Even some young demons thought her terribly frightening. Thus, Kinra learned of her ability to shape-shift. Whenever someone comes close, she turns into an animal and escapes as quickly as possible.
    Personality: flighty, confused, quiet, strong, creative, caring
    Additional information: Though Kinra holds no weapons or wears anything other than her cloak, a tunic, and leggings, she does have long, dagger-like fingernails and small horns which could be used as weapons. She has never been seen using them, but there have been incidents of her coming home crying after "being attacked". No one knows why, but she never says anything more than that. But bodies have been found in alleyways.

Tara likes this.
  3. Question

Question Active Member

Name: Lokin (low-kin)

Race: Half-demon

Faction: Not a part of either Faction. In fact rather dislikes both.

Appearance: Short and skinny, he has long hair, both his eye color and hair color change often, but are usually outlandish. Usually dresses in all black.

Background: Lokin is a street rat, a thief, an orphan but above all he is a half demon. He has lived his entire life on the streets and has no knowledge of his parents or ancestry. He is the former operator of a street gang, called Legion, a group of likeminded youths, orphans, and runaways, who steal to survive. He became the leader primarily because he was the best, that and the fact that everyone, even the older ones feared him. But he was betrayed by a human member, named Samuel. Samuel is one of the older Legion members, at 16, and he hated Lokin for him being a half demon, and resented having to listen to a kid three years younger than him. So he gathered supporters, secretly formulating a coup and then framed Lokin for stealing a rare locket, putting him on the guardians wanted list. Now, Lokin is on the run and an outcast from his own gang. He’s completely on his own, stealing to get by, while trying to plan his revenge on Samuel.

Personality: He is a little conman. Always in control, calculating, and scheming. Having practically raised himself, he is very independent. He can be cold when necessary, cruel even, but he never lashes out in anger. Immature at times, he is mischievous, loves pranks, and sarcasm. He’s a risk taker, a gambler, and doesn’t fear death.

Additional information: Lokin carries with him at all times, a slingshot and a set of lock picks. He has some natural mastery over dark energy and can focus it into projectiles for his slingshot. Also he is very fast, quick with a blade and hard to catch.

Tara likes this.
  4. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

I am going to read your game now @Tara, maybe I'll join ;)

5. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Yay!

I have to admit I was thinking about shamelessly promoting my RP by mentioning that I hadn't seen a game with Keithsumah, but without you so far (with a tag, obviously) :p

6. Keitsumah

lol, we are da hardcore pair. plus this will be only the second time i've ever played a "young" character, so this should be interesting.

7. Keitsumah

oh dear @Question i wonder how Lokin would react to meeting Kinra lol

just foreshadowing something here: Kinradamni means "Kin of the damned" so something's gonna happen.

8. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Wow. Okay, I could have guessed that. Why didn't I guess that? o_O

9. Keitsumah

lol cuz my names are evily subtle that way :p

10. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Heh. I usually think about my characters' names too, but I tend to put the silent hints into their surname rather than their first name.

11. Macaberz

I am in the habit of making surnames acronyms.

12. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

OBJECTION!!!!

Team J-K!!!!

:p

13. Keitsumah

o_O

14. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Team M-K vs Team J-K
    How does this end?
    My bet is on Team J-K xD

15. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Don't underestimate team M-K :p

16. Tara

Tara Senior Member

I'm hoping to be able to post my CS today, but if I come home too late it will be tomorror. I will also post some additional info about angels, demons and the two organizations.
    Hopefully I will have the first post up before Wednesday. I'm not planning to move the story too fast though, in case other people still want to join in or need some more time to work on a CS and a character's story.

17. Tara

Tara Senior Member

I was thinking about adding two Goetic demons to the story. Would anyone be interested in playing one as a second character? And should I still expect someone's CS, or not?

Talking about characters...

Name: Samantha Umbra
    Race: Human
    Appearance: Samantha has bleach blond hair, very light grey eyes and a light skin color, she’s about 5’ 3 (1.60) tall and looks innocent to anyone who doesn’t know her. Samantha is slim and agile, but not exceptionally strong for a girl her age and size. Her looks don’t do much to cover up her lack of physical strength.
    Faction: Guardians of Eden
    Background: Samantha has lived at the Sanctuary all of her life and he has been raised to become a Guardian of Eden. She doesn’t know who her parents are, or how she ended up in the Sanctuary, but she suspects that she was taken from her parents after they were killed. Either way Samantha doesn’t care about the fate of her parents; she feels no connection of any kind to them.
    While the Guardians of Eden take in outsiders to become their spies, the children who were raised at the Sanctuary hardly ever leave until they have reached the age of 20 or 25. Samantha is an exception on this rule; she possesses a talent that is needed outside the Sanctuary. She is happy with this fate, even though she doesn’t fully understand what is special about her.
    Personality: Samantha is hard-working, ambitious and determined, she is also very curious about things she doesn’t know. Despite this Samantha tends to be very unreliable, manipulative and a good liar.
    Additional information: Samantha appears to be loyal to the Guardians of Eden and their beliefs only; the reason behind this is simply because she doesn’t know anything else. She has been raised with the belief the way they operate is the only right one.

Name: Furcas
    Race: Goetic demon
    Appearance:
    Human
    Furcas has dark hair and dark grey eyes, anyone who doesn’t know better or didn’t look up close would say his eyes are black. A black tribal tattoo is covering his left upper arm and shoulder. His height is about average, he may be an inch taller, but that’s about it. Furcas is proud of what he is and one will not often see him covering up the natural color of his hair or eyes in his human form.
    [​IMG]
    Demon
    [​IMG]
    Faction: None
    Background: He’s a demon; he probably did what demons do when they’re not walking around on earth. Talking about the earth; he is one of the few of his kind who likes to spend most of his time with humans rather than with other demons.
    Most people can safely say they know nothing about Furcas’ past. Demons know who he is and what he does, but even they have to admit there’s something missing between his early days and the moment he joined them.
    Personality: How he acts depends on who you are, it is hard to tell what he is really like. Furcas is a warrior, but despite that he isn’t violent toward humans or angels, unless he’s provoked. But then again; that’s what most demons are like.
    Additional information: As a demon Furcas commands 20 legions of demons, something you won’t see him do on earth. He is known to teach logic, esthetics, chiromancy, pyromancy and rhetoric. He is one of the very few demons who master the act of shape shifting into several creatures at once.

Disclaimer: neither of the pictures are mine, they have been on my PC for a long time and I don't remember the source.

Oh... three posts in a row by me... I feel like I'm talking to myself :(

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  18. Macaberz

I am not really that into angels and demons which is why I I haven't joined. Sorry!

19. Tara

Tara Senior Member

I'm not into Star Wars and you're not into angels and demons... I guess we're even, then :p

Keitsumah likes this.
  20. Keitsumah

lol

21. Tara

Tara Senior Member

I just did the intro post. If anyone wants to reply to the RP that can be done from now on.

Some guidelines: it's in the afternoon, warm, dry, you are in the capital city. The city is pretty calm and quiet due to the time and the temperature outside.
    Those are the only things you have to keep in mind for now. You can start with your character causing trouble, walking down the street, a combination of both or whatever else you fancy.

22. lixAxil

So this is demons invading the world in contemporary/modern era in an apocalyptic fashion?

23. Tara

Tara Senior Member

The idea is actually the aftermath rather than the "apocalypse" itself imagine it to be a... is armed peace the right word? The story itself will revolve around the conflict that's still going on between humans and demons/angels and the dangers to either side that go with the conflict.

24. lixAxil

Reminds me of SMT xD

25. Tara

Tara Senior Member

... what? o_O
    Now I feel like I missed something, somewhere... something I'm expected to know.