Holy Grail War

Discussion in 'Archive' started by lixAxil, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Two Servants, one Master

Taya placed her knife back beside her plate and watched the neat white disk float away as if on its own. She had long since grown used to having invisible servants in her household, or rather her master's household. But that was not important. Today she was to summon her partner for the next assignment. Doing anything less was betrayal to the man who had taken her in.

"The ritual is prepared for you, Miss Falcon." the soft whisper came close to her ear yet she didn't flinch.

"I need not be told, I need only see." she responded, then closed her eyes. She had the mild sensation of falling for a moment, and when she halted sharply and her vision righted itself she was looking at different, but very familiar, surroundings.

Yes. The ritual was almost complete. The gaze of her Falcon, Sky proved it to be so. Taya blinked again and her vision changed and went lower down, but was still in the same room. Her ermine Streak was there too.

Taya blinked once more and stood up to head to the training room.

Five minutes later she stood in the center of a blood-red ring, caged in by symbols from times long lost.

"Lancer, I summon thee.
    My master calls for a warrior, a knight to assist me in my quest.
    My task is to find and secure the Holy Grail.
    Lancer, I summon thee."

Taya felt the mana drain from her body slowly at first, and then more quickly. She gave it all willingly, not to show weakness but to give him extra strength in the coming days even as it weakened her. She was not the one that should be fighting, he would be. It was her job to spy out the competition.

The shape materialized just in front of her, first the shape of a man, and then armor. A lance. Then he was materialized, watching her between the slits of his helm.

"You call for me, child?"

Taya resisted the urge to puff up in outrage. She had literally just become an adult, but she kept in mind that this man came from a time when any man would see a young woman as a child.

"I call for your assistance and battle prowess."

"Then you shall have it."

Taya nodded once, curt. At least they both knew to get down to buisness. This was a job, they both understood. Nothing more, nothing less. They must perform at their peak to succeed.

Less than an hour later a man in a dark cloak stepped to the door of the church, a falcon on his shoulder. Taya had learned as much of this as she could, and the first was that if they did not know what she looked like, it would make it all the harder for them to find and kill her.

She closely examined the others through the eyes of Sky, safe in the backseat of a car several blocks away. Lancer strode inside slowly, confidently, eyeing his opponents just as she did.

"We are here to register for the Holy Grail War." Lancer said.

2. Mewmewcatfish

Mewmewcatfish Active Member

Eliza looked at the woman with wide eyes, and gave a simple smirk,"Well what gives your servant the right to question my provocative tendencies."

She took a sip of her beer and then turned to Garrison,"Well that was easy. I hope you all don't mind letting me finish this before we all try to end the other's lives. It could be my last beer."

Caster smirked,"Don't worry love, it won't be."

They both turned when the new arrival entered the church with a falcon perched on his shoulder. Eliza laughed,"I didn't know birds were able to be Masters. Should I go rent a canary? I wasn't aware this was Battle of the Birds!"

Caster gave a hearty chuckle,"I think Battle of the Cowards is more like it. The Master appears to be hidden from our view. Smart. Cowardly but smart."

Eliza took another sip of her beer,"No it is smart. It makes it that much harder to kill the puppet-master if we don't know what...he..." She looked at Lancer and then the falcon, "No. SHE looks like. Anyway it's a pleasure to meet you both. Your Falcon is quite beautiful."

Caster took a small chug of rum, before holding out the bottle and giving a wide smile,"Warm yourself up with some rum? It's quite chilly out there."

3. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Moriarty gaved his hand toward the Falcon, and finally stood up.
    He walked toward Garrison and patted him on the shoulder, "Relax man, overseer usually die late"

Then he walked toward the center of the church in front of the other masters and servants
    "This was an interesting reunion, sadly I have to depart, let's go Assassin"

Then he left through the door but not before saying a last few words.
    "And as you know.... outside the church, anything is valid"

---------------------

Outside the church, on the empty streets on that dark cold night

"Brrr....Cold as hell...." mumbled Moriarty

Assassin who had remained in silence so far finally spoke to him
    "Why did you not wait for Rider and his Master?"

"I'm impatient, and well I was already bored..." replied Moriarty.

"Why did you reveal me in front of everyone?" asked Assassin

Moriarty stopped his track.
    "Because, you're the kind of servant who is stronger when everybody knows you."

Assassin stood silent and didn't reply.

"Brr.... I'm freezing here... let's go, King of Villains."
    "I don't like that title..."

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  4. Keitsumah

"I didn't know birds were able to be Masters. Should I go rent a canary? I wasn't aware this was Battle of the Birds!"

Caster gave a hearty chuckle,"I think Battle of the Cowards is more like it. The Master appears to be hidden from our view. Smart. Cowardly but smart."

Eliza took another sip of her beer,"No it is smart. It makes it that much harder to kill the puppet-master if we don't know what...he..." She looked at Lancer and then the falcon, "No. SHE looks like. Anyway it's a pleasure to meet you both. Your Falcon is quite beautiful."

Caster took a small chug of rum, before holding out the bottle and giving a wide smile,"Warm yourself up with some rum? It's quite chilly out there."

Sky's eyes narrowed the same moment Taya's did, and the falcon ruffled its feathers in irritation. Lancer remained standing in the doorway, his face invisible beneath his hood.

"I'm afraid i am not friendly with those whose term that has come from. I will pass." he rumbled.

5. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Darcy's gaze shifted from master to servant and back again, in awe of what was said and done. All of the personality in one place was like watching a sitcom on television. Even one girl had laughed at her, which made Darcy grin. People had laughed at her many times because of course, sometimes she was a comedian!

"See they are nice, Sabby!" she exclaimed, patting her servant's shoulder. "I mean look, they even brought snacks. And look, there's a BIRD."

"Hypocrites." Saber muttered. "Do not drink their ale or eat their sweets, for all we know it could be poisoned."

"Hold that thought, I'll be right back!" Darcy started for the crowd, but was tugged back in place by Saber.

"Do not talk to the competition, it will do you no good." Saber said sternly. "We need to focus on the task at hand. Since the overseer has declared us registered, we should be on our way. Do you not agree?"

"But I want to talk to her." Darcy nodded in the direction of the girl smacking her gum; the same one who had laughed upon her arrival. "She seems like BFF material. And, fun!"

"This isn't supposed to be fun." Saber said between gritted teeth. "That girl can kill you and will if you are not careful."

Darcy rolled her eyes. "Aw come on, Sabby. Please just let me talk to one person? Pleeeease. Trust me, I know how to fight if she's not nice."

"You...know how to fight?" Saber scoffed.

"Well, yeah, duh! Who can't fight that's in a war? Now, be a good servant and don't go anywhere without me." Darcy said with a wag of her finger and then spun around, on a mission. She glided through the church until she was standing directly in front of the girl.

"Do not kill me, I come in peace!" Darcy made peace signs with her fingers and shoved them in Ginger's face. "Hi! What's your name?"

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  6. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Ginger's gum snapped and popped in her mouth as she studied the cheery face in front her. This chick was definitely on something.
    Be so easy to use a command seal and have Archer finish her off before her servant could react…..was he quick enough to pull it off? Ginger ran her teeth across her lower lip. There was only about four meters between herself and Saber, hell even less between Archer and Saber. A servant could close that gap with no issue.

"Hi." Ginger mumbled taking her hands from her pockets.

A forced smile painted its way on Ginger's face. "Something I can help with?"

"You can answer my question that you didn't answer!" Darcy said, a pitch too high. "It's my goal to know everybody's name because that's the most important part of a person. So, what's yours?"

Ginger crossed her arms. "Why exactly should I tell you that kid?" She gave a small smirk. "For all I know you could use it against me."

"Gosh, no! I'd never do that to someone I just met, that would be awful." Darcy's forehead wrinkled in concern as she moved closer. "Do you have an embarrassing name that you hate? Oh, I'm so sorry....poor you."

Ginger blinked. "What the hell are you talking about?" She asked. "I like my name just fine thank you very much and I was just leaving anyway." Ginger pushed past her and started towards the door.

"Hey, wait!" Darcy ran to catch up and slid in her path. "Come on, if we're going to be friends, I have to know. Pretty please?"

"Excuse me miss." Archer said as he put himself between Darcy and Ginger. "But I suggest you leave my master alone. I'm sorry but she's very angered at the moment." Ginger scoffed. "Me angry?" She went on. "No freaking way! I'm cool as a cucumber."

Archer stared. "What?"

"Hi!" Darcy bounced on her toes as she waved at Archer. "Since she won't tell me her name, will you tell me her name? I'm dying of curiousity here!"

"Archer!" Ginger's voice snapped. "Hall your holy ass!" She said as she opened the church door and began making her way outside. The servant clasped his hands and gave a friendly nod at Darcy. “I apologize again but it is not my place to reveal such things as her servant.” He smiled. "Have a blessed day."

Archer turned on heel and darted through the door as well.

"But...aw man!" Without thinking twice, Darcy picked up her pace and followed behind them. She was halfway there when a hand shot out and held her shoulder so tight, she let out a squeal.

"What do you think you're doing?" Saber reprimanded, shaking her gently. "You don't need to know information! Think before you speak, woman. Or else, you are going to ruin your chance of winning."

"It's better to know things and be kept up to date." Darcy said, trying to free her arm. "I want to know who we're killing."

Saber blinked. "Why? It isn't as if you will be able to befriend them in such a short time."

"I have my reasons! Let go of me now, Sabby."

"Master." Saber's gaze shone fierce. "If you walk out of that door, you are making a terrible mistake. That girl isn't worth your time."

"Let go or I will have to use a command seal." Darcy whispered with an unnatural smile. "You want me to waste one on a silly thing like disobedience?"

"You wouldn't."

"You bet I would."

Saber stared in silence and gave one firm squeeze before releasing her grasp. "You foolish woman." She muttered as she joined Darcy who skipped happily outside.

As soon as Darcy’s steeped into the open she found she could step no further.

Gum….

There was gum under her boots gluing her to the church’s stoop.

---

Ginger’s smile never faded as she watched Darcy pull and twist her legs in attempt to break free from what she’d just been ensnared in. "Hook line and sinker Archie my boy." She giggled. "The longer I gotta work for that priest the more I'm gonna be convinced to commit suicide."

"That's a sin." Archer pointed out.

"Lemme me finish." She said sternly her eyes still on Darcy as she began chewing more gum. "So since I'd prefer not to kill myself best to start eliminating competition early and get this shit over with."

"Still." He sighed. "We didn't have to do this....at least right away.

Ginger ignored him. "Can you use your Noble Phantasm to take her out from up here?"

"I refuse." He replied simply. "I don't object to winning this war but I will not murder an unarmed woman." He blinked. "Besides that would do damage to the church as well." Ginger looked down at her left hand. The red markings of the command seals were begging to be used in a situation like this. But begging would only you so far in life!

With so many servants and masters and the priest still in that building it wouldn’t be the most favorable of aftermaths.

“Fine.” She sighed slowing her chewing. “I’ll handle it.” Ginger spat the gun into her hand, the sugary stress reliever flowing with mana as she stretched it out ....sticking it to the church roof which she was sitting on.

"Hangman." She whispered

The gum began to descend down on Darcy stretching further than any natural piece of gum had any right to its lower end taking the shape of a noose.

7. lixAxil

"Master..." mumbled Assassin as they were walked.
    Both had just left the church a few minutes before the girls left it, thus they weren't far from them.

"I know..." replied Moriarty.
    "All is going according to the manuscript"

"The manuscript?" asked the servant.

"Yup!, all this had been just a play since I paid a visit to Garrison before summoning you" said the man with a smile.

"Shall we take this chance?" asked the servant.

"Not yet Assassin... but be ready" replied James, then he added. "Use your Noble Phantasm, we'll wait for a hole"
    At which the servant pronounced its name.

8. Mewmewcatfish

Caster shrugged,"Suit yourself. Eliza, we seem to be late!"

Eliza smirked and took up her jacket before tossing the empty beer towards the ground. She crushed it with her boot as she clapped Caster in the back,"You're right friend. We are. Can't be moving around Alaska without proper transportation."

Caster gave a hearty chuckle as they both headed to the door,"I still can't believe you can get it shipped in. So fast."

She shushed him with a look,"Silent Gertrude. Enemies are just clawing to find information. I say let them suffer with our silence."

She paused before reaching the door and pulled out a few cellphones belonging to some masters. (I hope no one minds...It doesn't spoil any secrets if you don't mind me taking them.) She chucked them on a nearby pew and turned to the group,"Hope you don't mind me taking a quick snoop. Occupational hazard I guess."

Caster moved to the door and opened it with ease,"Mate. We got to go. We can kill them later."

Eliza laughed,"I'm coming. So pushy."

They headed out into the night, a few planned stops set for the evening.

9. lixAxil

Moriarty brought four sixpacks to the church, and while he stayed there, he threw numerous cans at the guests under the pretext of just having a bit of fun.
    Some rejected it, others not, still the cans spreaded in the church and were now in different points, while close to the priest there were the non opened six packs.
    Yet who carried the beers was not Moriarty, at the contrary, the task was carried by Assassin.

And at a far distance the servant pronounced the name of his Noble Phantasm.

On that instant, simultaneously each can begun to tremble, and as if they were to be alive they raised themselves from the floor and flied like bullets against the closest one, such as the servants at the entrance or the priest at the opposite side.
    While those cans that were empty just flied like weapons, those that still hadn't been opened acted like miniature bombs and thus they exploded, and the priest just happened to be close the biggest bomb in the place.

Small innocent cans that even Moriarty was drinking before turned now into dangerous weapons with just a single function, to murder those in the nearby. Common cans that were now acting like a conduit for Assassin's Noble Phantasm.

10. JessWrite

"This....wasn't supposed to happen." Darcy's breathing grew frantic as she pulled effortlessly, struggling to free herself. When the gum noose fell against her neck, she flinched as a sudden gust of air hit her cheek and the shriveled gum dropped to the snowy ground.

"I told you not to trust her!" Saber shouted, raising her invisible weapon. "Do you now believe my words?"

"Stop talking, I'm trying to concentrate!" Darcy said as she continued to work against the sticky substance. "Stand back, I'm going to do something dangerous."

"Before you hurt yourself, might I make a suggestion?"

"Hurry up!" Darcy snapped.

"Remove the boots from your feet first."

"Oh..." She muttered. "Yeah, I knew that!"

Saber titled her head towards the church's high roof, clicking her tongue in disapproval. "While you are busy, I'll handle our enemies. I'll watch your back and you'll watch mine. Agreed?"

Darcy nodded. "Got it!"

"Good."

"I meant I got out of the first boot." Darcy called over her shoulder.

"Well, that's good too."

While still holding her weapon, Saber stomped further into the church yard. "If you wish to fight against my Master, then request an honorable duel instead of petty tricks!" She yelled to them.

11. Kingtype

“Shit….” Ginger muttered staring down at Saber. Ginger slowly peeled another piece of gum out of the wrapper and started chewing.

Ginger swallowed when intense brown eyes honed in on to her, making her heart smash through her chest.

Oh

Shit.

---

Garrison didn't feel what had struck him but impact knocked him off his feet his breath being drive from his body completely as.

“Uck!” Was the only noises he managed to squeak out as he slammed into the wall on the opposite end of the room, his vision paper white as he gasped trying to take deep breaths trying to force air into his throat.

Garrison didn’t feel what had struck him but impact knocked him off his feet his breath being drive from his body completely as.

“Uck!” Was the only noises he managed to squeak out as he slammed into the wall on the opposite end of the room, his vision paper white as he gasped trying to take deep breaths trying to force air into his throat.

“C…ca…called it.” Garrison muttered as tears swelled in his eyes as a searing pain broke through his adrenaline. Garrison’s blurred vision couldn't make out much the smell of fresh blood was familiar as ever.

Stinging sensations running his body from the metal shrapnel from the cans, each of the wounds oozing red liquid.

---

“What th-“ Is all Ginger managed to get out of her mouth before Archer wrapped an arm around her waist and kicked off from the church. Just as his feet left the roof an ear splitting POP! Rang out and the area the two had been standing caved in along with a section of the church’s wall. "Lord in heaven." Archer muttered as he soared through the air a now pale faced Ginger looking at the chaos that the church had literally been in engulfed in. Talk about a good time to be outside.

Archer landed gently in the snow his eyes dead set on Saber. "Is this your doing?" He asked coldly dropping Ginger on her buttocks into the snow, Ginger's frown turned upward. Hopefully whoever did that thinned out some numbers.

12. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

As things descended into Chaos, Berserker smiled, then grabbed up Josiah and rushed the two of them out of the church.

A trap, Berserker was impressed. It was something that that old general might have come up with, and Berserker very nearly got sentimental.

Nearly.

"This is our opportunity to thin the ranks, amidst the chaos," he whispered to Josiah.

"Where did that trap come from!?" Josiah barked. "We go after them!"

"It was doubtless Assassin, but he will be long gone from here, or at least at a little distance," Berserker replied. "Why not attack one of these close at hand in the confusion?"

"We go for that damn assassin!" Josiah cried, pulling a sliver of aluminum foil out of a cut on leg. It wasn't deep, but it stung something fierce.

As Josiah watched, Berserker went into his true form. Bronze armor, sword, spears, a great shield, a grand helm with a horsehair flange. He was magnificent to behold, and terrifying. "Fine, fool."

Berserker gave a wistful look at Saber, Archer, and their masters in the snow, just a little ways distant. "Follow me..." he said to Josiah, then set off into the raging winds to find the Assassin. A most unwise proposition. Then he had a thought, turned on his heel, an threw one of his spears with as much force as he could at Archer behind them, then charged off into the snow with Josiah following as fast as he could.

13. lixAxil

As Josiah and Berserker get close to Moriarty's location, the snow that was falling grew each second stronger than before to the point visibility was questionable, still a little message painted in the middle of the street was visible for the two.

Behind you

At the same moment what seemed to be no different than a common kitchen knife traveled with the might of a cannon ball aiming the back of Berserker's Master.

Moriarty and Assassin could not be seen in the middle of that blizzard, but they were certainly there, hidden, waiting for the first prey fool enough to arrive.

PARASITE CRIME (a translated fragment)

,,, And thus, chaos ensured the church, a explosion asolated it, by the moment it ended, the priest lied bleeding on the cold floor. And for those who were fool enough to challenge the night, a strong, mighty blizzard grew each time more and more, soon they would all be privated from their sight, and soon they would all be buried under the white, cold snow.
    And the killer who lurked in the white night took advantage of this moment...

14. Pheonix

Just before the knife was to hit its mark, Berserker imposed himself between his master and the knife, his shield stopping the spinning blade and sending it hurtling off into the snow.

"Damn, get down!" he shouted to Josiah. The snow was swirling and blowing around them now; there was no way to know what was going on even five feet ahead.

"This was a bad idea, master," Berserker spat, then sheathed his sword and hefted his other spear. If he could find the damn sneak, or his master, he was sure that he could end this quickly. But until then...

Berserker cursed again and roared at the sky.

"We need to fall back or you are going to be killed," he spat at Josiah.

"You doubt your ability to protect us?" Josiah asked.

"No, I'll be fine. But you'll be dead and I don't want to have to find another master in Alaska. Of all the idiot places for a grail war."

15. lixAxil

Moriarty cursed
    "Brrrr.... why did I had to pick a damn blizzard..... This is getting so cold" mumbled, he was sure no one would listen to him.

Assassin meanwhile was busing into attacking their enemies, he had the advantage given to him by Parasite Crime's narration, thus being the killer of the white night who could perfectly visualize his opponents.

"They want to retreat" said the servant.
    "Continue your att...attack...." mumbled Moriarty.

The servant circled around Berserker and his master at a fair distance and over the buildings, always on a high spot.
    From different angles he launched numerous items. Knives, stones, empty cans of beer, all of them a deadly weapon aiming at his chosen victim, Josiah.

16. Pheonix

Josiah's ears popped as sonic booms exploded around him from the incoming projectiles and--even though he didn't realize it--Berserker's movements to defend him. Snow blasted away from around them as the force of the impacts clanged off of Berserker's shield.

The Assassin was moving too fast, for him to get a lock. But he could tell that he was above them, most likely hurtling things at them from the top of some unseen buildings off in the snow. Berserker cursed again, his blood was beginning to boil, and he couldn't afford to lose his sanity just yet.

17. lixAxil

No use... that shield won't let me kill the Master.... thought Assassin still circling around.

Moriarty as if he had read the thought of his Servant said. "Why don't you shift your murder intention"

Assassin didn't reply, just assented. Then resumed his attack. The target of his "murder" this time was not the Master
    His "murder" was now targeting not something alive.
    His "murder" was directed toward the shield the servant carried.

If that shield wasn't a Noble Phantasm, then it would be "killed" by Assassin's "murder intention".
    Because the nature of his own Noble Phantasm was not to empower something to kill, but to simply murder something by desiring it to, any weapon was no more than a conduit for his "murder" to reach the target.

18. Mewmewcatfish

ElIza blinked meekly at the officer with sweet eyes. Her fingers playing with the cables of the cops computer, and then his radio,"I know I am probably being a bother but Snitzel is so precious to me. I just had to check if any one brought him in."

The cop gave her a smirk,"It's fine miss. There seems to have been no reports so far but anything comes up we have your number. She smirked,"Thanks again for your time then. I will be on my way, then."

She exited the station with ease to see Caster poking at all the buttons in her state of the art, data operated car. She laughed when she turned on the car withher mind and Caster jumped.

"This ship on wheels has so many buttons. It's all nonsense to me."

Eliza jumped into the drivers seat and then placed her palm on the screen,"I could explain it but you would be bored to tears. Anyway I hacked into their mainframe and have all the access to every map, architectural structure, and most of all the radio access for the town. IF any of our friends make a fuss we will know about it. Which reminds me. The church we were just in blew up. We may have lost an enemy already.

Caster shoved his shoes on the dash,"Like we are ever that lucky. Gah can we go back to the docks. I need water beneath my feet."

She raised an eyebrow before heading out of the parking lot and down the road,"It's the middle of a bliźzard."

"It is not me who is weak in the cold."

Eliza glanced at him sharply,"I am never weak..Gertrude. Never."

He smiled,"You are easy to pester mate. Let us go to the docks and I will show you my skill."

She smiled wide,"Then we make a plan."

He laughed wildly with her after a few seconds,"Plans..haha Living off our bootheels more like it.!" Caster spoke quickly.

19. Keitsumah

Lancer threw his cloak over the falcon and wrapped one arm over the bird when the beer cans exploded. And when chaos descended he quickly slipped outside, unnoticed by the others. He picked out bits of shredded metal from his torn cape now, the bird intact.

"What should we do?" he muttered, and the falcon let out a small chitter. He nodded and drew a large lance that had been strapped to his back. The falcon screamed and took off into the rafters, hiding itself in a safe place as he moved toward Beserker and his master.

He sensed the incoming Noble Phantasm at the Berserker and stepped in front of the man, glaring outward as he took up a defensive stance. "My master deems you would make a more useful person alive than dead. So I am to assist you. Grab your master and run the moment I give the word."

Lancer waited for several seconds, watching the movement of light and shadow, detecting sound as well.

The moment it hit a fever pitch he grit out a harsh word and stabbed the lance into the ground: "Rise of the King!"

The cracks raced outward over the ground as the Noble Phantasm took effect, and for those caught on the wrong side of Lancer's alliance and not strong enough to avoid it, found themselves forced to kneel in submission.

20. lixAxil

"What is it Assassin?" asked Moriarty.

The servant was on his knees, it tried to resist another's will, yet his rebellious nature wasn't so strong to do it.
    "Nothing... I'm just unnable to act for a moment... But they still don't know our position" replied the Servant.

"Had that servant to join the battle, and here I thought we would easily defeat the most dangerous servant." complained the Master.

"The effect should disappear quickly" mumbled the servant patiently waiting.

A rage was dwelling inside him despite his demeanor.

21. JessWrite

Saber VS. Lancher

"Is this your doing?"

Saber glowered at Archer as the snow fell harder and the wind whistled an eerie tune. "I do not destroy Holy buildings, nor would I want to." she said. "My proposal was said in turn to what your master did to my own, a rash decision I might add."

“Excuse me.” Archer said calmly as a flash of steel caught his vision out of the corner of his eye. Ginger didn't have enough time to process what happened next. The spear that had been launched by Berseker closed in on Archer but was stopped just short of piercing the servant's cheeks.

Both of Archer's hands shaking hands were wrapped tightly around the spear. "Wow...." He muttered. "That was a powerful throw." He sighed. "I'm not sure I could of stopped it if I'd of been a second slower."

Archer let out a low hum as red liquid fell over the weapon as he took one hand off of it. He smirked at Saber and suddenly his white suit vanished replaced by all to familiar Roman armor Ginger had seen earlier.

"You okay?" Ginger asked a hint of concern in her voice.

"Fine." He nodded. "Impressive it managed to split open my palms."

She gave a triumphant smile, he may of been an idiot but at least he knew how to handle himself. "Should we go after who threw it?" She said as she scanned the blizzard

"No." He said, simply pointing the tip of the spear at Saber. "I believe we have this woman here to worry about for now."

"Worry you shall." Saber tossed back her furry hood to better reveal her fierce, yet beautiful features. "I have taken offense to your master's attempt of hanging, and that debt must be paid."

"Hey, I'm okay now!" Darcy called as she limped nearer to them. "I could only get one boot back though or I would've been squished like a church mouse!"

"To the sidelines, Darcy of Gore. I am handling this." Saber raised her arms, tightening her grip on her concealed dagger.

"Will you accept a duel, Archer?"

"I apologize for my earlier accusation and I don't very much enjoy fighting women." Archer cracked his neck. "I'm afraid I won't have much choice in the matter in this war." Archer moved forward spinning the spear in his hands.

His palms had already been healed.

"I accept Saber."

"Do you even know how to use that thing....?" Ginger asked flatly.

"Somewhat." Archer replied readying himself. "But why waste a weapon that was given to us." And with that Archer shot forward kicking up snow into Ginger's face as he closed the gap between him and Saber, thrusting the spear at her stomach.

Saber blocked the blow with her blade, sending the metal tip clashing against the invisible weapon.

"Yay! Go, Saber! You can do it!" Darcy cheered from where she stood beside the church rubble.

"Be quiet!" Saber yelled with renewed anger as she proceeded to swipe at Archer's hand that held the spear. Archer spun on his heel separating one hand from the spear letting Saber's blade glide through the air where it had been.

"An invisible weapon....huh?" He asked skipping back and once again sending multiple thrusts a minute at his enemy. Sparks flew into the air and collided with the oncoming snowflakes as Saber accurately parried each attack.

"Concealed, yes. But who are you to judge, Archer? Or is it, Lancer?" she scoffed, lunging forward.

"Lancher actually, my dear." He replied with a casual smile as he barely blocked her weapon, even sliding backwards as they clashed again.

"Clever," Saber said while she used the second of his imbalance to strike at his knee. "But not funny." Archer lifted his leg and stepped forward into Saber, throwing his elbow into Saber's jaw and once again skipping back this time taking a knee.

"Well then that settles it I'm certainly not cut out to be a lancer and even less cut out to be facing you in head on swordplay like this." Archer stuck the spear into the ground standing again pulling out his short sword.

Ginger ground her teeth nervously looking at Saber. "You can't beat her?" She asked.

"Afraid not." He admitted.

Saber laughed lightly. "In my life I had grown used to fighting men who want to kill me." Her eyes narrowed as she walked closer. "And even now I have yet to tire of it."

"Well afraid not." He said again, a small smile appearing on his face. "I fight like an archer." A crossbow materialized in Archer's free hand out of thin air, his finger already on the trigger and before Ginger could blink an arrow in it ready to be fired. "Arrowsmith." Archer said and simply squeezed down.

Firing the arrow at Saber, it moved at a higher velocity then even Beserker's spear had been. Saber couldn't react quick enough as the arrow exploded, causing her to stagger backwards.

"FIRE! 911!" Darcy screamed.

For once, her master was right. Flames clung to her coat and quickly made their way up to the hood, lighting up the fur. As the fire continued to eat through the fabric, Saber cried out and flicked it off into the deep snow. Casting a glare at Archer, her mind raced with a dozen questions. Her magic resistance had prevented a direct hit, but the attack had still inflicted burns on her neck. That could only mean one thing; that it had been a noble phantasm.

Saber was left speechless as she picked up her pace, charging at Archer. He didn't hesitate to raise his crossbow and sure enough an arrow appeared out of thin air ready to be released.

"Stop." Archer said, aiming directly at Saber's head with his hand on the trigger. "I can do a lot more then fire explosive arrows with this Noble phantasm, so I suggest you stop unless you'd like to test some other toys."

Stop? Now? Her passion for War had finally been rekindled, how could she? Saber took a deep breath as her gaze landed on Darcy who was watching in anticipation. To continue into her own noble phantasms at this point would be selfish. She still had much to do with her master.

"Yes, let us depart for now." Saber nodded, slowing her steps. "But I will be awaiting our next duel, Archer."

Archer smirked. "A wise choice." The crossbow in his hand vanished along with the arrow. "And we will meet again of it milady I'm positive. I didn't expect to meet a woman who could best me in forward combat."

"Why are we retreating exactly?" Ginger asked, shoving her hands in her pockets.

"No reason to kill her......" Archer said. "Yet anyway. I just wanted to have a bit of fun before I seriously tried to claim victory and besides I wanted to see if I could find out who she was."

Ginger turned and started away.

Archer's smile never faded as he waved a goodbye at Saber and Darcy. "Have a blessed day."

22. Mewmewcatfish

Caster knelt quietly amongst some reeds in the bottom of the bay a fish swimming by as if he was an obtuse barnacle. Eliza herself cocked her guns and stood on the edge of the dock just in case someone jumped her. Caster was taking quite awhile within the murky depths and she was freezing her ass off. Not like she could really do much about it. She bent down and gave a quick knock on the wood signalling for Caster to come up. She felt a small wrinkle of fear creep up her spine but she shrugged it off with ease knowing he was fine. When he listed his skills holding his breath was of a high caliber.

She pulled out her phone and began to read. She was studying the board for which this vicious game was to be played on. After a short while, a thump came from the end of the dock and Caster stood in a pair of ripped jeans his pale wet chest rising as he took a few breaths,"A Phantasm was used."

Eliza stood up immediately,"What is it?"

He moved over to his shirt and threw it on, unaware of the cold,"I resisted for awhile, but eventually something made me bow down to someone. I am an enemy. I think the Phantasm is not as strong when I am underwater. Lucky I can breath for awhile or I would be sunk."

Eliza gave a fake laugh,"Haha..Let's not even joke about that. Bowing huh..maybe the servant is a king or someone of royalty. Or better yet maybe he demands fealty. Very interesting. I will keep that in mind. We are fine though. Our location remains..."

"Unaware to the enemy. I set everything up, so we should be set. I don't like that thing. It's weird and makes noises."

Eliza shrugged,"It's going to help both of us when the time arises I can assure you of that. Now come on. It's time we get this show on the road and show these people what we are really made of."

Caster picked up his bandana and shoved his hair off of his face and smirked,"Wicked intentions and greed."

She gave him a one over shivering as the winds picked up and flecks of the icy water hit her legs,"Exactly."

23. Kingtype

Ginger’s arms were wrapped tightly around Archer’s back as the servant leaped and bounded through the blizzard.

Ginger let out a cold breath. “Y…You’re a hell of a lot easier to get around on then buying a car that can handle blizzards.”

“Well I suggested it so we could make a quick getaway.” Archer said as a normal bow, opposed to the one he'd been using earlier appeared in his hands. “You mean you retreated from Saber just to go pick a fight with another servant?” She asked curiously. “An easier target?”

"I believe Berseker." Archer said coming to a halt his eyes narrowing on figures in the far distance.

Ginger nearly choked on her tongue. “Berserker!?” She shouted. “You’re gonna mess with a servant whose only goal is pop heads like….um…..like.” Her voice trailed off

"Like bubble gum?" Archer asked as energy began to dance around the bow's string as he pulled it back.

Ginger eyes couldn't help but roll. "By why him?" She sighed. "Why not Assassin or hell even Saber. I like having my head on."

"I never expected you to be the scared type." Archer replied aiming into infinite white before h, his eyes clearly following something. "Its just a bit of eye for an eye for his earlier transgression." He let out a low hum. "Seems Lancer is assisting him."

"Don't you follow the new testament?" Ginger asked squeezing tighter to shield herself from the wind. "W...w...wait you can see them!?"

"I follow whichever the lord is commanding me to and yes." With that Archer released the string and three arrows manifested themselves moving at nearly mach twelve speed into the winter. "I can see them."

Heading straight for Lancer and Berseker

---

"Now we can go." Archer said with a satisfied smile the weapon in his hand vanishing and once again beginning his rush through the snow to get them back to the town area.

"That was pretty immature." Ginger pointed out.

"Says the girl I'm giving a piggy back ride to." Archer replied

"Well at least we survived today so far." She gave a loose grin. "And made three enemies."

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  24. Pheonix

Josiah regarded Lancer.

"Much appreciated," he said after a moment. Berserker just cursed behind them.

"We need to get out of here," he said, hefting his massive shield and started moving off through the snow.

Suddenly there was a pulse of energy followed by the rippling of sonic booms, and berserker was engulfed
    in flame as archers first arrow found it's mark.

He had lifted his shield in he split second before impact, and the explosion glanced off his shield.

"Shield Of The Gods!" Berserker cried just as the second arrow
    impacted with his left leg. The resulting explosion should have shredded his leg and broken the bone. But he stood fast, a shimmering field around him, rendering him impervious to attack.

25. Keitsumah

"Royal Standard! Shadow Lance!" Lancer said quickly and stabbed sideways with a suddenly coal-black lance toward a flag that hadn't been there a moment before. Luck and speed boosted at the cost of strength, he yanked himself out of the way and cleanly dodged the arrow.

He glanced back just in time to see the bolt explode in a blast of condensed lightning, and the falcon came down to rest on his shoulder once more. The bird shrieked in annoyance and he looked down at Beserker and his master.

"I don't think either of you are interested in getting in this fight? If not so my master can provide a dwelling place for you to heal."

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014