1. want2playwithurevilinside

want2playwithurevilinside New Member

Have you named your guitar?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by want2playwithurevilinside, Dec 17, 2007.

I have two electrics, first one named Marvin, and second named Fang.
    Would name the third 'shredder' but it's been taken by my cat (not my choice!)
    And i'm trying to name the new semi acoustic that i'm about to get... Hard decision tho....
    And i plan on naming my electric i'm getting for my 18th, 'Vixon'.
    Wondering if anyone else names their guitars or even instruments........

2. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Why will you have four different guitars? and more importantly, why is one named Marvin? Is 'the Martian' at the end?

I have a bass, but never named it. Don't know why I haven't, but I'm not all that sure what I'd call it anyway.

3. ILTBY

ILTBY Contributor Contributor

I have an electric and an acoustic...neither are named, though. The electric would be male, I think 'Chad' suits it. The acoustic would be female, named something like 'Jessica'.

4. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Technically I didn't name mine... My ex-girlfriend named mine. She's called Phoebe (the guitar, not the ex :p).

5. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Haha.

I have a crappy electric guitar that I can't play properly so I've called it 'Crappy Electric Guitar that I can't play properly'

I know, original.

6. want2playwithurevilinside

hahaha Wow i feel like the odd one out naming my guitar's.
    I named the first one Marvin because he is an awesome character on the old T.V series of 'Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy', and he made me laugh, everytime i was angry or whatnot i'd watch his miserable comments and laugh... And him being my hero at the time got labelled my guitar.
    I will have four guitars soon because above anything in the world i place guitar as my priority in life because it's the only thing ive ever dedicated myself to and enjoyed to the extend i have, do, and always will.
    My motto is... "You can't love anything unless it has a name"
    I know it's lame but i like it :)

7. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

No. Why? Because I don't have one! I got forced to name my car though! It's Jolie!

8. adamant

Okay... you like guitars, but I don't see why you'd ever need four different ones - unless you have eight arms or something.

9. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Different styles.

10. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I havn't named any of my Guitars yet.
    However, If I got an Es-335 I would call it 'Roy'
    For some reason.

11. adamant

I think I would name my Active Precision Bass Special (chrome red with golden pick guard) either: Zankapfel, the Apple of Discord (I would probably inscribe 'Kallisti' on it somehow); or IĆ°unn / Idun - keeper of the golden apples in Norse mythology.

It always makes me think of caramel apples. Wish I could get some right now. :(

12. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Of course! My girlfriend named my bass Susan.

13. Jaclyn

Jaclyn Active Member

my old acoustic was black like johnny cash's woo! and her name was betty. my new acoustic is way too cool so i can't even choose a name for it yet. someone give me any name for my new acoustic and that will be the one i'll use from now on, k? GO!

14. ValianceInEnd

Hmmm, what kind of guitar, what's it look like, and what colors is it? That'd help me come up with a cool name.

15. Jaclyn

Jaclyn Active Member

well, it's an acoustic, a martin, and it's just wooden-coloured, lol, if that makes sense, it's like a normal acoustic guitar. oh yes, and it also has an input for an amp. yay, look at me i get to brag about my guitar. ;)

16. ValianceInEnd

Hmmm, I think Jackie is a cool name for a guitar. Or Bruce, or Jocelyn. Hope you like those ideas! Don't use em if you don't like em though!

17. want2playwithurevilinside

How about, Prudence? Lol!!!
    Nah i have four guitars as my first was a second hand electric, very grungy.
    Second one i got was due to my metal stage needed a guitar that had appropriate set up for metal, as my other guitar was quite horrible for solo's.
    I just got a semi-acoustic because our other acoustic is no longer with us R.I.P. :D
    And i always had a deal that for my 18th i would get a kick ass electric as none of my guitars cost a heap and arent exactly top quality.
    I don't know how into guitars you are. But the more expensive your guitar, the better it sounds and feels. Ive played some guitars that i would literally die for... One being a steve Vai signature series just last week. (Drools)
    And well as ive said none of my guitars are exactly 'excellent' guitars, and as i can get one, and want one... I'm taking the oppertunity. lol.
    It does sound a tad spoilt but i waste birthdays and christmases on these, it's not like we just 'get' them... And it's only because it's my only passion.

18. Jaclyn

Jaclyn Active Member

haha, bruce was the name of the old tree in my backyard that was cut down. i shall name my guitar bruce after my beloved tree. thank you everyone for your help. ;)