Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RomeoBurnett

RomeoBurnett New Member

How Can I make an inanimate object seem alive.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by RomeoBurnett, Apr 1, 2020.

Hey.
    I'm doing a short story for my College project, It's along the lines of a University student who lives
    alone & just lost his job. He starts to hear his Siri(IPhone app) talking randomly. The first time i want him
    to hear it is when he suddenly wakes up to her... But I'm not sure how to state it In a horrific but quite simple way. I'd love some help If anyone had some advice
    Thanks

2. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

I was about to say set it on fire, but then I saw you had a specific inanimate object. So is his phone talking to him randomly then? Does it happen a few times at random and then he hears it when he says something and it responds? That would creep me out. If I were just sitting by myself and said something about how I wanted pizza for dinner and Siri (or Cortana) said something about how I've had pizza too much lately and I should eat quinoa.

I don't know if that's helpful, but that's my answer.

RomeoBurnett likes this.
  3. RomeoBurnett

RomeoBurnett New Member

That's the basic idea. A phone that's hacked/ or somewhat alive, It does happen randomly & I'm thinking along the lines of It haunting him & using his fears against him. That's my idea, I'd love to hear any of yours though. Also thanks a lot for that pizza idea though I think i'll use that.
    But I don't want to drag the moments where Siri is seemingly alive because I think it ruins the paranoia. Got
    any ideas on that?

4. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi Romeo - I'm one of the moderators here, and want to welcome you to the forum. However, you have—probably unintentionally—violated one of our Forum Rules We don't allow you to ask for help from the forum for any school or university course work.

Anyway, I think you already received a little bit of help here, which I won't erase. But I am closing this thread to further replies. (I have also moved it into the Plot Development section, which is where it will be a better fit.)

Good luck with your story though. And while you're getting settled here, please read our New Member Quick Start which should also help to keep you on track. If you encounter any difficulties getting settled, don't hesitate to 'start a conversation' with me (click my owl avatar and follow the signs...) and I'll do my best to help.

Cheers, Jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.