How Come I Am Not a Vampire?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Snoopingaround, Jun 3, 2014.

1. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

Born before 1990: Vampire hunter
    Born after 1990: Vampire

Wreybies likes this.
  2. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

There are, actually, colonies and communes of people who think they were in a past life vampires or elves or trees or rocks or ... something. The term is 'Otherkin' and I actually think having colonies of them is a good thing - it keeps them the hell away from me.

3. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

You would be feared and despised. Hated by all. You think Dracula attended conventions? Everyone would curse you, the more religious would chuck holy water at you and call upon their deity to have you banished. You would have to drink blood, human blood. Here's the thing about humans. We don't like it when we're being eaten.

You would be a feared legend. A legend parents would whisper with frantic looks in their eyes to their children as they tuck them in the beds. Others would envy you. Oh, and top scientists would want to experiment on you to extract your secret of immortality. So you'd have to stay away from that, too. Oh, and world leaders who want to kill you in their spare time. ;)

jannert likes this.
  4. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

@Lemex That's perfect for the supe political party. Welcomed and valuable additions to the cause of equal rights for all supes!

I think my idea could actually hold water!

@Link the Writer
    Spare time? Nay!
    It would be like terresrists.
    The government would cause enough of a scare that their political platform would be based on making people safe and publicly executing vampires. As long as vampire on human crime is down, they'd get reelected! And then the world would be like True Blood... Blood orgies galore.

Lemex likes this.
  5. Garball

Garball Banned Contributor

I'm not supposed to tell you this @Snoopingaround , but since you asked, I will. Just about 130 years ago, My Great-great-great-grandfather, Garball I, was part of a movement to hunt down and kill all the vampires. It happened in the small German village of Bad Schmiedeberg not far outside of Leipzig in 1884; Garball I found the last of the Vampir, Froderick Langzahn, Freddy Long tooth as my grandfather liked to call him in his diaries. There is no account of how the final battle went down because both Garball I and LongTooth lost their lives in the struggle.

My Great-great-great-grandfather lost his life to rid the world of that awful race of monsters! And now you have the nerve to want to be one? Shame on you, sir! Shame on you!

Lilly James Haro and jannert like this.
  6. Link the Writer

And let us not forget, but ol' Abe Lincoln himself once pitched in to help fight the war against vampires. We honor the glorious cause of the vampire hunters.

Lemex likes this.
  7. Garball

Garball Banned Contributor

8. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

In turkey they believe at one time they had a whole village full of vampires. I watched an interesting show about it one day on the History Channel.

Here is an account of a Serbian (Oh noes!) that was thought to be a vampire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Paole

9. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Vampires are boring anyway, give me a Werewolf any day!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    Link the Writer likes this.
  10. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

I feel I have to stand up for my people here. Just because we don't go around sporting our fangs and shoving our immortality and special powers down human throats, doesn't mean we are bad people. And btw. killing humans for food is SO 18th century... We have underground blood banks these days, you silly humans.

ps. Read more about vampire day to day lives, the sex, the drugs and the politics of the haematologicaly challenged, in my upcoming novel :D

11. Link the Writer

I see, do you have a vampiric name, or do they not have those? :D

jazzabel likes this.
  12. jazzabel

@Link the Writer : Of course I have a vampiric name, it's the name I was born into. But you know how it is, once I live fifty years in one place, people start asking what plastic surgeon I am using, and that is usually a sign that a new identity and a place of living are in order. It can get quite awkward after about five or six changes, you can imagine randomly turning around when different past names are called out. So I stick with unusual names as much as I can, Esmeralda, Calypso, Ernestine, that sort of thing. :agreed:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  13. Oswiecenie

Oswiecenie Active Member

I will be completely honest with you guys, my cynicism regarding the whole vampire fad is just jealousy. Being part grey alien, I am neither accepted as human nor am I looked on as exotic, sexy and exciting like people view vampires or werewolves. Life sucks.

14. jazzabel

@Oswiecenie : You've been hanging around humans for too long. They are prejudiced and xenophobic species. You need to come and hang with vamps, we are much more tolerant ;)

Oswiecenie likes this.
  15. HealSomeBabies

HealSomeBabies Member

Become the dictator of a backward North African/Middle Eastern state. You'll have to rise in the ranks of certain organizations, make yourself known as a leader of men willing to do what's necessary. You won't have the undead army, but assault rifles, artillery, and landmines should suffice.

16. Dean Stride

Dean Stride Senior Member

Unless you want to turn into the blood-sucking equivalent of Bob Dylan, I suggest you steer clear of peyote. I recommend sinking your teeth into some Colorado River toads instead.

jannert likes this.
  17. Snoopingaround

Snoopingaround Banned

Yes, but I would be prepared for all of their attacks on my estate. Being a military genius, I would come up with brilliant defense plans in place for any situation that could arise. Also being ruthlessly manipulative and telepathic, I would be able to discern their thoughts and twist their minds. I would render them inutile and all their plans against me would thus become ineffective. I would hide, manipulate, scheme, defend my territory, feed and grow stronger by the decade. No one could stop me.

18. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

No, warlocks are the best. :D

19. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

I'm thinking a new TV show: Vampires Got Talent. Simon Cowell, come out of that corner there—we see you–

20. Sunwriter

Sunwriter Member

I would love to be a vampire like Dracula, but I wouldn't buy anything like that. I wouldn't knowingly buy anything that involved needless cruelty to vampires in its production. In fact, if I saw anything that I though could have had anything to do with stuff like that, I'd probably be contacting the "makers" and trying to issue a boycott shortly afterwards. You've all heard of animal rights activists (I am one of these)? Well, I would be a vampire rights activist as well.

21. Sunwriter

Sunwriter Member

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]You may want to consider becoming a "human, living vampire", as a lifestyle choice... However, I would advise that you do this with great caution. While I will be the first to say that not all of these types are intentionally bad, in that way, it is also important to note that some are, in fact, deadly. This is, in some ways, a sinister world. There could be killers (or potential killers), abusers (including sexual abusers) and other sinister beings out there, who take the guise and/or adopt the image of the vampire. Also, not all of the people who claim to be vampires actually are true vampires, whether supernatural or of the "human, living" kind. Some of them may just be sexual abusers, potential sexual abusers or other dangerous people who want to lure people (notably young people who are interested in vampires and/or want to be vampires) in, in order to do terrible things to them.
    Also, another type of enemy that you may have to face if into the vampire (or vampyre, as some people prefer to spell it) subculture is the prejudiced kind. Unfortunately, not everyone is friendly to vampires (or vampyres), and some people may fear or persecute you for it. It is possible that there may have even been hate crimes committed against members of the vampyre subculture.
    If you do decide to become a member of the vampyre subculture, I would advise that you do not just go around telling people that you are a vampire (or vampyre). You may be laughed at, pointed at, beaten up, called things (such as "freak"), persecuted or otherwise bullied or prejudiced against.
    You may find these websites to be of use: http://www.vampires.com/vampire-subculture-sanguinarians/ http://www.vampires.com/vampire-subculture-sanguinarians/ (please note that not all of those who drink their own blood actually cut themselves deliberately just to get it. I sometimes drink my own blood if I get a cut or something, but I do not generally go around cutting myself deliberately in order to do this(!)) https://vampyreculturecenter.wordpress.com/vampyre-culture/the-vampire-community/vampyre-society/ (this one might contain a link, of some sort, to the "God Hates Goths" website. Please be warned that "God Hates Goths", while it is likely to be a joke site, has extremely hateful, prejudiced and even torturous content. It features hatred against the "Harry Potter" stories and JK Rowling, as well as hate against goths, women, Satanists (depending on how you interpret at least one of the things that is said on this site), people with mental differences (i.e autism, Down's syndrome and, possibly, cerebral palsy), as well as, possibly, hatred against black people.
    Anyhow, here's another website that you MIGHT ( I do not mean to be rude when I put the word "might" in capitals here; I just want to place an emphasis, that's all) find useful: http://vampireunderworld.com/vampire-subculture/
    Also, please don't just believe everything you read online, or anywhere else, for that matter. Please try to take stuff that you may read on the Internet especially with a pinch of salt. Don't believe all that you may hear or read anywhere...
    Finally, it is not a good idea to give out personal details on the Internet. I know I may sound a bit teacher-esque here, but giving personal details out potentially puts you at even more risk of being contacted by abusers and/or hurt, mentally, emotionally, sexually or physically, in some other way. There are some dodgy characters out there online...[/COLOR]

22. Sunwriter

Sunwriter Member

I hope that no one here would actually support that kind of thing. If you would support this, are prepared to debate with me?

23. Sunwriter

Sunwriter Member

I

24. Sunwriter

Sunwriter Member

Are you aware that not all vampires are evil?

25. Sunwriter

Sunwriter Member

Are
    you aware that, just as with werewolves, there could be good vampires out there as well as evil ones?