1. @theunheardwriter21

@theunheardwriter21 Member

Considering changing my manuscript name

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by @theunheardwriter21, Nov 7, 2018.

I am approximately a quarter way into my word count goal for my romance manuscript and I have a strong instinct to alter the name a bit. My story is told by a character as she's actively living through the storyline, so there is a considerable amount of dialog as well as internal thoughts from my main character. As of right now, the title is "Southern Sweetness" but I am now considering adding to it using a colon. I'm not sue what I'd add but the idea is almost screaming at me and I'm not entirely sure why. Any thoughts?

-T

2. Stormsong07

Stormsong07 Contributor Contributor

At the moment, my book is titled this way. I'm doing it because I plan for it to be a trilogy, so it will be (1)Beast Riders: Rise of the Rose, (2) Beast Riders: Thorns of the Rose, and (3)Beast Riders: Revenge of the Rose.
    I think it makes the most sense to do the colon title when it's a series, but there's no real reason it can't be for just one book. "Southern Sweetness" is a bit vague so changing it might help to add more detail to what the book is about?

3. Nariac

Nariac Contributor Contributor

I'd finish the book then worry about the name. Southern Sweetness is fine for now. Perhaps when you get further in, a particular emotive line or scene will stand out to you as a better title.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    Laurin Kelly likes this.
  4. Laurin Kelly

Laurin Kelly Contributor Contributor

I have to agree with this. I changed the name of my second book's manuscript after it was accepted by my publisher even, because it took me that long to find a name that I liked better. In fact, @S A Lee right here on the forums suggested it when I posted about hating my book's name.

Nariac likes this.