Tags:
  1. TK

TK Active Member

how do i change my blog name?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by TK, Jan 15, 2022.

i want my blog name to be fancy shmancy, how do i do it?

2. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Hold on, I can tell you, but I think you need to have been here for a certain amount of time (like 6 months?) and have like 100 posts. You're getting close on posts, but you're going to have to wait like I did for a few months before you can change it. Let me go in and take a look at mine and I can tell you how to change it when you meet the requirements. I'll be back..

3. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

OK here—

Go to your blog, and you have to click to see the whole blog rather than just one entry. In the line across the top it shows the name of your blog, you need to click on that so you see a bunch of entries going down the page. Then you'll see a box on the right, underneath the Member Publications box, that's called Customize Blog. That'll let you make changes. The Customize Blog box won't show up until you've met the requirements in terms of # of posts and time here on the board.

4. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

It occurs to me that making people wait that long to customise their blogs is kinda dumb... we're not a blogging site per se so i can see not offering it to new members, but i will see if i can change anything in the back end to make it available sooner

(not all the control are open to me back there so i'm not promising but i'll look at it)

Xoic likes this.
  5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Okay - it used to be that you had to be a senior member (6 months and 250 posts) to customise your blog, I've just changed it to active members (3 months and 100 posts)... it'll probably take an hour or two for the software to catch up

In the Ops case he's got the time served, but he needs 13 more posts

TK and Xoic like this.
  6. TK

TK Active Member

Oh thanks! Also you can just change stuff on the spot?!:eek: I never knew that!

7. big soft moose

the great moose knows all and sees (but i have to have consult the mod team...and also i don't have full access so there's some things only the owner can change)