?

Am I doubting my writing too much?

1. Yes, you have potential.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, you are bloody awful.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, I hate that genre but you have skills.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. writingistelepathy

writingistelepathy Member

How do I know if I can write?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by writingistelepathy, Aug 31, 2018.

Hi!

First of all, I'm hugely sorry if I've stuck this on the wrong forum thread - first time ever here! A little backstory about me; I've had a burning desire and a knowing that I'll write a book one day but I have real trouble actually writing in a creative, fictional style.

For a job, I write, but more to inform as well as a little bit of intrigue writing.

So I've had this huge desire to write a book - something which is based off a lot of my own somewhat Bridget Jones-esque kind of twenties. So in a way, a sort of young adult novel but which is based on more real, gritty themes - like the book 'The Wrong Knickers - A Decade of Chaos". I guess switch off from me now if you hate these kind of stories! I kind of want to write something very real to me, and they do say write what you know.

Anyway, here's something I quickly wrote in about 10 minutes. Any feedback on how crap my writing is, or if it even makes sense would be ideal. I'm sure I've laid it out incorrectly. Recommendations on how I can get better, start actually writing, and also any suggestions of authors I should pick up would be great!

[content redacted] - Wreybies

Thanks! I can't wait to start looking at this forum in more detail and starting my writer journey, cliche. :)

jannert and demifiend like this.
  2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum! I've moved your thread to the intro section where it's better suited for a hey-there-how'ya-do. ;)

Be sure to have a read through the Forum Rules where you'll get some information as regards how our forum critique culture works.

Wreybies