Tags:
  1. G. J.

G. J. Member

Currently Reading::
    The Crossing by Micheal Connelly

Question How do links work in posts?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by G. J., Sep 20, 2022.

I have found a number of links in posts I'd love to follow, but when I click on any of them, I get sent to a page telling me the link doesn't exist, or I get sent to a page telling me the server isn't connected. Can you help me with this?

2. Seven Crowns

Seven Crowns Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor Contest Winner 2022

FYI, mods: I'm responding to this via message. I'll post the fix here if I can find a problem, just for reference.

3. Seven Crowns

Seven Crowns Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor Contest Winner 2022

Posted for reference . . .

I think we're squared away. Looks like the problem is the bane of all forums. A forum poster links to a site and then the site goes away leaving our forum with orphaned links. There's the promise of more info, but it's been erased by author.

One thing you can do is use waybackmachine.org to visit an old copy of the site. Paste the link you want to visit into the waybackmachine and it will tell you whether an archived version exists. Then you can visit that old version. The fancy features of the site will probably be missing, but the page itself will be there, and hopefully that's enough.

Bit disappointing that our links slowly come undone, but it's the nature of the internet, I suppose.