1. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

Facebook, writers & writing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alan Aspie, Mar 8, 2020.

It seems that most people think they must behave in Facebook in a Facebook way. But why? What's the point?

Wanna write and post long articles? Just put them there. They do or don't find readers.

Wanna publish your poems? Do it! Poems need to travel.

Wanna network? It's an easy tool for that.

Wanna publish photographs, talk with other writers around the world, test your thinking, learn more... You can do that.

You can avoid selfies and selfie persons. You can help someone who needs it. You can avoid virtue signalling and signallers. You can...

My point is that you can use it in a different way than most people - if you feel like it. Or if you want to or need to or...

Just go and be a writer in Facebook. Not market man, not snake oil seller, not someone seeking spotlight. Just... you, real honest you.

Don't post your secrets. Don't make yourself too vulnerable. Just take care that what ever you post, it's real and really you.

How does that sound?

Madman likes this.
  2. Madman

Madman Life is Sacred Contributor

Sounds good. Pretty much how I'm using it now. Got mostly relatives on my FB, and a good picture of myself that I update once every year or two (which might make me a selfie person). Though, I'm not really avoiding anyone except for those weird Russian chicks who add me and want to marry me. If they were all real, I would have my own harem by now.

Some Guy and Alan Aspie like this.
  3. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

Those are not real?

C'moon... That's like saying all those weird super rich Nigerian princes who want to send me money aren't real!

Madman likes this.
  4. Madman

Madman Life is Sacred Contributor

Somewhere out there is an authentic Nigerian prince wondering why it is so difficult to give free money to people.

5. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

Publishing your writing on Facebook means you're not selling it elsewhere. Better to publish writing somewhere else and share links or whatever on Facebook.