1. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

How do you find bookstores with remainders?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by deadrats, Mar 30, 2018.

I used to live near a bookstore that had an awesome remainders section. None of the bookstores around me now seem to have something like that. Is it called something else, maybe? The bookstore I used to live near was the first place I found like this, but there have to be more, right? I've been to a few and called a few others but no luck. Do you have a bookstore with remainders by you? And how did you find it? Any help and advice is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

I haven't seen a bookstore in years.

3. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

Barnes & Noble bookstores still have remainders tables ... at least, the one in Sacramento does.

4. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Like with books I've written? Not that I've noticed, but I've never really looked either. I've already read them and they're not really worth another go. The bookstore I have in my area doesn't really deal with remainders. They have a clearance shelf for things they can't return, but buying masses of books on liquidation wouldn't really be profitable where I'm at. Usually see remainders at used book stores which I usually find via Google whenever I'm visiting civilization. If I'm looking for something specific, though, AbeBooks is usually the first place I start looking and eBay is usually second. Even just doing a web search of the title/author or the ISBN can be helpful in finding a copy.

5. Christina58

Christina58 Member

Chapters Book Stores has a section. The library here also has a table. My daughters University also has sidewalk sale once a year.

I donate my books I do not need or have read to the hospital around the corner. They use these books for the patients to read and every so often they have a few books also on a table for sale thereby raising money for the hospital.