Tags:
  1. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

A basic plot/idea

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by DeadMoon, Apr 24, 2016.

This popped into my head last night and I think it may make a good story.

A traveling preacher ends up in a small northern Minnesota town preaching to not forget your Passions and to always follow your dreams. Mass hypnosis (maybe) takes place and soon there is a town of people who are willing to drop everything ( their children, jobs, manners, the law ect...) to follow said dreams.

2o years of regret might make one man pursue his dream of being the High School QB, not a problem if the current QB breaks his legs.

Another person wants to run there own business but in a smaller town there are limited open buildings, looks like one of them is about to have a fire sale.

A dream of holding a past love interest again... hope there not dead

and so on...

and there is the preacher man who is always around to remind everyone to follow their dreams no matter what.

E.Anderson likes this.
  2. HelloImRex

HelloImRex Senior Member

I like it. My advice would be to have some people with legitimate dreams that actually work out okay alongside the ones that have to commit crimes and destroy their lives to achieve the goal. Well, it depends on how cynical you want to be, but a message of "make sure your dreams don't suck" could be with the spirit of it. Definitely make it into something, its a simple yet original idea and one of the best ones I've in a while.

DeadMoon likes this.
  3. E.Anderson

E.Anderson Member

Splendid plot! But who exactly would be the MC?

4. Pauline

Pauline Member

Like this. My first thought for an MC would be a local who isn't completely under the influence, but having come up with the idea, my assumption is you'd have someone more unlikely and origional

DeadMoon likes this.
  5. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

I have something in mind but need to flush it out a bit more. I am Defensively excited to work on this.