1. Agent Vatani

Agent Vatani Active Member

Plots (Brain storming)

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Agent Vatani, Jan 2, 2011.

I have to many plots to choose from so I'm asking y'all for help. So I can start outlining and began my novella. (Sorry for my grammar.)
    The gerne are first then it will same the plot line.

1. Western:A navtive indain girl grew up with her tribe on the land. But when it's time to choose of animal spirit. (A indain belief) She happy she is becoming a woman now. She is now on the look for a soulmate and find her place in the tribe and world. She meets another human but he isn't indain. She falls in love with him but that's not allow, can she control it?

2. Fanasty: A small town high school girl. get's turn at a party into a vampire but oddly it she not full vampire. She dating a guy but she might have to break up with him because she not 100% human anymore and she finds out she might still have to just to save her life.

3. Drama: (If anyone heard of Heartland or Chest Hill kind of like those.) It's about horses and their riders.

4. Fanasty: (Anyone heard of Ga'hool or warriors) It's about animals and they have powers.

5. Reailty: It will be about a animal or more going on a life long story. Going though bads and goods in they life.

What one do you like best? I need help. Thanks for your time.

2. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Four intrigues me above and beyond all the others.

3. Agent Vatani

Thank you. :)

Anyone else?

4. SashaMerideth

SashaMerideth Active Member

Of the choices, four

5. Agent Vatani

Thanks.
    Could I make a poll for it?
    Four is winning so far.

6. Allegro Van Kiddo

Allegro Van Kiddo New Member

I'd go with four.

Side Note: I'm part Native American, and for 1 you'd have to do some real research to get it right. For instance, the "animal spirit" thing, as far as I know, is South American and not a North American practice. Secondly, the tribe I'm related to made friends with German people in the US, because Germans never broke their word and weren't bigoted like British people were. So, many Germans and NAs married and had families. I don't know of tribes that prohibited marriage to anyone as a strict rule.

If the tribe is mythical, then all of that would be ok, but if it's a historical novel, then it would be like me writing that Italians worship the devil and call him Jesus and they eat Hungarian babies in their pasta.

7. justanothervampirewriter

justanothervampirewriter New Member

Why not write a first chapter for each of those and then see which gets YOUR intrest the most and write it first.

8. Agent Vatani

I know, I'm almost full. So I already know a lot.
    Why is everyone going with animal and powers? But thanks.

justanothervampirewriter: well the first chapter then i would have to write a prologe then I would have to outline first. Thanks but it's a slight waste of time.

9. Allegro Van Kiddo

Allegro Van Kiddo New Member

Well, the animal story sounds like it could be wildly creative and go in ANY direction. That's fun to read because let's say you write a romance, that's going to end in only two ways, they get together or not. The animal story can create a whole new world of wacky excitement.

10. ChocoboDragon

ChocoboDragon New Member

One and four intrigued me the most. Although honestly, I'm a sucker for animal stories and fantasy so if I saw the two books on a shelf, I'd pick up that one first.

11. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

Heres the perfect solution. Outline them all. Then write them all. Problem of choosing which is now solved. Why pick only 1 when you can have all 5? :)

Now if you want to choose which one you want to start on then thats also simple. Which one interests YOU the most. Which of the five ideas interests you the most. Which of them do you feel strongly about and really want to see finished?

For this, only you can answer.

12. Agent Vatani

Thanks everyone.

Likes like four is the winner so far. Though I don't have a big plot beside what is written there.... So I'll have to think..

13. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

You don't necessarily have to write a prologue and outline etc etc. You only wanna see if something interests you - so just start writing a scene, any scene. No one says you have to use this scene later - but it would give you an idea about whether you're interested in and can connect with the storyline.

Animals with powers sounds fun btw.

And don't do the native Indian girl story - that's really just very boring. I mean, Titanic, Pocahontas, Avatar, Little Mermaid, Romeo and Juliette, the Illusionist... and that's just the ones I remember! I suppose I got very tired of these themes because TV dramas especially love to drag it on and on to the death (Superman, Charmed, any soaps you've ever seen, most anime I've ever seen, various other US and British crime dramas...) So yeh :D

14. Agent Vatani

Thanks!

But outling in something you kind of need... If you have a lot of characters or a big plot and ect.. Well i need it, lol.