1. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.

Anathem

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Ferret, Sep 27, 2008.

I was wondering if anybody else was waiting to get their hands on the latest Neal S. novel? I haven't read many of his other works, and this is really my first look into the man's writing. I'm still waiting on my copy.

2. Still Life

Still Life Active Member

Do you mean the author of Snow Crash, as in Neal Stephenson? If so, this man is postcyberpunk genius. Wish you would have started with Snow Crash and worked your way up to Anathem, just to get used to his style of writing. Plus reading the opening scenes where Hiro Protagonist (the protagonist) delivers pizza (on time, even after his vehicle is accosted by a courier on a skateboard) for the mafia was seriously epic.

Also anybody with a business card that reads: "Last of the freelance hackers and Greatest swordfighter in the world", promises an interesting story.

I'll be getting Anathem, too, no doubt. Great to hear that other people are reading him.