1. Published on Amazon? If you have a book, e-book, or audiobook available on Amazon.com, we'll promote it on WritingForums.org for free. Simply add your book to our Member Publications section. Add your book here or read the full announcement.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. Lifeline

Lifeline The Dark - not in Wonderland Contributor

How secret is a query?

Discussion in 'Query & Cover Letter Critique' started by Lifeline, Feb 8, 2016.

So. I am writing in a blog and I was thinking that I would like to give my readers a treat. I would like to post my query in there.

So, how secret is a query supposed to be? Is it advisable to post it there for all the world to see? I have not (yet) posted it here in WF either, which I would like to do before I would post it in the blog. But would an agent/publisher/whatsnot take kindly to it? Would it be an asset, or an inhibition? Or even a no-go?

2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man Contest Administrator Contributor

They won't care a bit. The only (minimal) risk is someone stealing your idea, but even so they couldn't write the story in the same way as you. Post it wherever you like. :)

Lifeline likes this.
  3. Lifeline

Lifeline The Dark - not in Wonderland Contributor

Oh there is no risk stealing my idea, it is far too unique :)
    I am not apprehensive about that at all, will be finished latest in a month including first Alphas opinions and no one can duplicate what I have to tell..

The only issue I have is really about the advisability..