1. JackKirwan

JackKirwan New Member

Okay odd question

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by JackKirwan, Oct 19, 2012.

So over the course of about a decade I worked on a sci fi universe, that in many ways is unusable.

The question though is, what do folk here think about my idea to write a humorous little diary describing how it went wrong, alongside how i developed my writing skills while clinging to this dud idea. Stories about the first time meeting an author, going into theater, then film(which my god the stories...), I guess it would largely be a first person rambling narrative about going from a nine year old entranced, to a young professional writer starting out.

Sellable, kindle, or bunk?

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

ideas mean nothing... you'll never know and no one will be able to give you an opinion on its market potential, till you write it!

what i can say is that if you're not famous for something, writing it in a serious vein would most likely bomb, so if you can't write laughing-out-loud-while-reading hilarious, it'd probably be a waste of time...