How strong do you think this synopsis is?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Veltman, Sep 13, 2017.

?

How interested were you after reading the synopsis?

1. Very Interested

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Kind of Interested

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Not interested

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. surrealscenes

surrealscenes Senior Member

I was reading it and thought 'meh'. Then I got to
    and got really confused. It just makes no sense to me historically or human nature-wise or militarily. It did not hook me enough to make me want to find out how these things occurred.

2. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

The main hook for me was the last bit - whether she really loves him or is just using him. The rest of it feels pretty straight forward. Anyway yeah, sure, I'd read it.

3. Veltman

Veltman Active Member

Thanks for the feedback. I think I should capitalize on that, and maybe make it a balanced mix between both? Human beings are very complex and I think that question can be the story's main driving force.

Mckk likes this.
  4. Nightwraith17

Nightwraith17 Member

I think yours is better than the Moose. But the Moose has the best name and profile picture on this site.

5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

As I mentioned my rewrite was for a submission query (this thread started life in the queries section until it got moved because this book isnt written yet) - a synopsis for sending to an agent is very different to a synopsis for your own use

Personally I think Wrey has the best avatr, although I like Lifelines as well

6. Nightwraith17

Nightwraith17 Member

Good point. About the synopsis, not the profile pic. Nothing is better than the big soft Moose. I had that exact stuffed moose growing up. I bought him at a campground.