Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baywriter

Baywriter Contributor Contributor

Is it just me...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Baywriter, Aug 9, 2011.

Or are we all different colors all of a sudden? I mean, I know I have bad eyes, but... Haha. So what's with that? Did I miss something?

2. The-Joker

The-Joker Contributor Contributor

Question

Hello creators,

When I post now, a message comes up saying, "Thank you for your post. It will be visible as soon as a moderator has reviewed it."

Is this a new feature on the site, or have I been flagged or something:confused:

3. J.P.Clyde

J.P.Clyde Prince of Melancholy Contributor

Crossed Out Names

There are names that have a line through them.

May I ask what that is? Or is that top secret and I am not allowed to know?

4. beaver777

beaver777 New Member

Seems like they have been banned from the site. If you open their profile by clicking the name it says so under the stroke through username.

5. J.P.Clyde

J.P.Clyde Prince of Melancholy Contributor

Ah okay. That's what I thought, but had to ask before making assumptions.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I believe Daniel has started updating the site, and the Suggestions and Feedback aqrea has probably been set to moderated by default, A lot of threads posted in this section have no reason for being here, or at least do not require discussion by the members.

The color changes, and the strikethroughs if banned members' names, seems to also be part of the upgrades.

Expect to see other changes in the near future.

7. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

I have also noticed that some of the names are dark. I know some of them indicates the reviewers and the moderators, like Cogito, his is orangy looking. I have noticed that my name is a little dark shadded than some others. What does that entail? I'm just curous.

8. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

These are just some minor tweaks. Crossed-out usernames are banned. Light usernames are new users, light bolded are senior members and dark bolded are contributing members. The color degrees are intended to be a way of showing seniority and contribution.

Newly registered members are listed in the new member usergroup until they make 20 posts and have been registered for 14 days - they're then moved to the default registered users group, which makes up most members. Senior members require 50 reputation points, registration for 180 days, and 250 posts. Contributing members require a 200 reputation level, registration for 365 days, and 500 posts.

The forced moderation was a mistake, it should be fixed. If you still notice it please let me know.

Also, this is not an upgrade with the software, just a change I thought would be beneficial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.